Monday, February 9, 2015

You don't love him....you love the idea of him....

Dear Journal -

As much as I like to pretend that my life is like a romantic soap opera and that one day, he and by he I mean someone, is going to come running back to me like the way it happens in romantic comedies, the truth is that it's never like that in real life.  At least not in my life, not anymore.  Maybe when I was younger I had those moments when someone would come back to me to tell me what a big mistake they had made by letting me go, or maybe we broke up by we I mean whom ever came back to me at some point which I can recall that one day someone did, a long time ago.  I pretty sure my oldest sons dad, came back a few times and we would make up and it would be amazing for a little while but then it would go back to the same thing, that thing when you know in the deepest of your heart that no matter how much you love this person so deeply, it's not gonna work, for whatever reason.  Well, that's sort of how my European romance ended.

Once we got back to America reality hit and all the romance slowly faded and reality kicked in and everyone was back to playing their respective roles.  I am me and he is he and nothing is gonna change that.  So I initially let him stay with me and that only lasted about almost a week, but on day eight I had to let him go, he had to leave.  Am I sad? yes very! am I devastated, not really.  I understand that somethings are just not meant to be.  I understand that very well, so I have learned that it's best to end things before they get out of control, or rather, before I start building ideas in my mind that are not true otherwise known as allowing my heart to cloud my thoughts.  Logic! one thing I never knew how to use when I was young and naive and believed in fairy tales or didn't really but believed in my heart, in what it told me to do.  Sometimes I feel like my eyes are un masked and that is awesome! others I sort of wish they still were, because then I could love again.

This past Saturday night I wrote Benjamin Nunez an email for the first time in almost a year.  I wonder why my old friend still till this day does not speak to me.  Yea to some I'm some psycho, but those who truly know me, know that I am just someone who wishes to get through to someone, to understand them, to comprehend their actions and so I don't give up.  Obviously I don't expect a response, but it would be nice if one day out of nowhere, I would find a response and that out of all the people who have left my life, he would be the one coming back for me, yes! it's still him! 

But I was building in my mind a little fantasy that maybe I could fall in love again, with this cool man that I had spent time with in Europe, that maybe he would change the things that I asked because I am worth it, but the reality is that I am worth it, it's just that he doesn't realize it because he isn't worthy.  So I had to set him free so he could fly.

Life is good! I know that one day Benjamin will come back.  And when I say Benjamin I don't mean the man who inspired me to write this blog, the man that I loved for so many years in silence, the man that stopped talking to me and never spoke to me again, the man that will soon be married.  Benjamin has become sort of a metaphor, the thing that I use to explain what I want to feel again one day.  As Benjamin himself told me one day, Jazzy it isn't him you miss, it's the idea of him.  That is correct.

Good luck DJ Bass.......

No comments:

Post a Comment

What happens in Vegas!

 Dear Journal - I know it has been sometime since I last wrote but as of late, my life has been pretty busy! I came on here tonight to write...