Sunday, April 19, 2015

My home my happiness!

Dear Journal -

It's been a few weeks maybe that I haven't blogged and I have to admit that this time it hasn't been like before, when I think of you all the time and have intentions to write but then never do.  This time, I've been very distracted and really busy with my new job.  I have to admit that I have mixed feelings about it, no it isn't that I don't like the work that I do, but it's just that the money I make isn't where I want to be.  Before I took the position I talked about it with my parents and my really good friends those who I love and trust.  They all told me it was a good idea to take the position, because for one I wasn't working, and some money is better than no money.   So yes, I understood what I was doing when I accepted the position, but now I am bummed because I really love this job, I really love the work that I do, and I really really like that I have my own office! It's so cool to have my own space that I don't have to share with anyone, I am slowly making it my own and the process is slow but coming along! However in the back of my mind it annoys me tremendously that not only me, but many many people in my field aren't fairly compensated for the work that we do, we are people trying to make other people's lives a little better! 

Everyone I work with really truly cares and that makes it such a nice place to be daily, knowing that I am with individuals that truly love what they do! I feel like I'm where I was meant to be.  But the most rewarding part of the job is when I am able to give one person hope, someone who had to sneak out of her home with her 4 children because the man that she married was beating her and her kids and she's found it in herself to get the courage to leave, to run and to change her life for her and her children.  She came into the shelter with absolutely nothing, fleeing from a man that doesn't know how to appreciate his family, someone who treats her bad and controls her because of his own issues.  On Friday before I left the office, she said thank you to me with a huge smile, and in that moment I knew that the money didn't matter, because the gratitude from the people I help, filled my life with joy! and that is what is truly important! I am making enough money to take care of the things that I need so it will do for now, I know eventually I will be in a better place financially.

Nothing else has been going on in my life worthy of me talking about, although I did join weight watchers online.  I have gained 20 pounds since I've been in Colorado and I am not very happy about it.  I understand that I have to age and that I can't control crows feet and wrinkles nor can I control getting grey's which I'm starting to get, but the one thing I can most certainly control is my weight, so that is what I'm trying to do.  I am trying to loose weight because in my life it has always been a constant struggle, however it is something that I can control and therefore I am working on controlling it.  I have to admit that I have been lazy with going to the gym, but I did get a bike and I started riding my bike to work last week, I am hoping that will help me with my goals.

I haven't dated or met or talked to anyone in a really long time, I've sort of being focused on me and my goals getting my life where I wanted to be.  I have however been spending a lot of time with good friends, I feel like I have made some really good friends here that I feel are my family in Colorado and that makes me really happy! I have to say that all in all life is pretty darn good and I am pretty darn happy.  I really love my new home Colorado! 


1



No comments:

Post a Comment

What happens in Vegas!

 Dear Journal - I know it has been sometime since I last wrote but as of late, my life has been pretty busy! I came on here tonight to write...