Saturday, February 11, 2012

Dear Journal: 02-08-12 - STRONGER!

Please note: I wrote this journal on February 8th on my IPhone, on the train ride home from work.  I find ways to keep writing no matter how busy my life and schedule gets, because I want to stay true to my Journal and I want this to be an accurate account of my life that I choose to share with the world in hopes that someone else will read it and realize that... I am crazy too! and that it is ok if maybe you think that you may be as well, because we all struggle in this game called life.  I also want to be able to look back at these pages and recall moments of my life that were difficult, good, bad, ugly because as Dan Millman says, there are absolutely "No Ordinary Moments" and I am learning that he is completely right!.... 




Dear Journal:

I am so excited I can barely stand still.  Tomorrow at this time I will be in my beautiful land of Colombia.  I can not wait! I'm so excited to see my grandmother who is my second mother and I absolutely love to death! I can't wait to see my people and hear all their stories of how they have been since I saw them last almost 3 years ago.

3 Years WOW! When I think of the woman that I was then, and the woman that I am now, I see this huge difference, I barely know that Jazzy anymore I've changed so much.

When I was there last time, I didn't have a stable job, I was going through a lot of mental and emotional turmoil.  In other words, the last time I was there, I was a hot mess! So much has changed since then.  I feel so much better about so many things, but the most notable thing that I can think of, is the fact that I am free from him, that man that once told me that in his opinion, people only traveled to get away from their problems or something like that.  At that time, I agreed with him because I was madly in love and for some stupid reason, everything he said made sense to me.  Of course I do remember telling him why I didn't completely agree, but for the most part I think there was some sense to what he was saying.  At that time in my life, I was definitely traveling to get my mind off of my problems, but what I noticed during those trips, was that no matter where I went, I took my mind and heart with me, and so being away from home, didn't change the unhappiness I felt in my heart and the thoughts that ran through my mind.

This time, I am happy to report that no matter where I go or what I'm going through, I am a pretty happy camper and that going to visit my family makes me ecstatic! I can't wait to wrap my arms around my beautiful grandmother!

While I'm there, I plan on studying because I am taking my books.  I plan on spending quality time with my family and friends, I plan on going jogging and swimming and yes, I will probably drink some beer, the last time I went I was so miserable and unhappy, I didn't even party, that's just plain crazy!

So yes! I am taking my heart and mind with me on this trip, as no matter where I go, they are part of me, but my heart and mind feel A-OK!



God I am so lucky and everyday I thank God and the universe, for helping me through tough difficult times.  You know what they say, what doesn't kill you makes you stronger!


Stronger - Britney Spears..


http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=AJWtLf4-WWs

1 comment:

  1. Absolutely, what doesn't kill u certainly makes u stronger. Liz

    ReplyDelete

What happens in Vegas!

 Dear Journal - I know it has been sometime since I last wrote but as of late, my life has been pretty busy! I came on here tonight to write...