Tuesday, February 14, 2012

FEBRUARY 14, 2012 - VALENTINES DAY proposal.....

Valentines Day in my opinion is over rated, just as all other holidays are.  I'm not really big on holidays, I'm a bit hum bugged about Christmas, I don't believe in the easter bunny, and for the last few years, Valentines day has been to me, just another day to tell my friends and family, how important and meaningful they are to me.  I have always said, that if someone loves me, they need to show that to me all the time in a random manner, not wait until Valentines day to give me flowers.  I also always tell my kids, that mothers day should be everyday, still, I don't like to be a party pooper and I try to smile and be pleasant on holidays, regardless of my thought that they are just days for businesses to make extra money.


Today, I have to honestly say, that I got the very best Valentines day gift ever.  I have gotten many gifts through out the years on Valentines day, I was even proposed to on a Valentines day years ago by my then husband, but for some reason, that proposal didn't feel as meaningful as the gift that I got today.   I was proposed to, by the person who I was already married too at the time, he was my husband already but he proposed to me, because I kept bitching that he had never proposed to me or given me an engagement ring.  I remember honestly, that on that Valentines day when he proposed to me, my girlfriend seemed more excited about the proposal then I did, I wasn't expecting that from him, but for some reason I wasn't very excited about the whole thing.  I think it would have meant more if he would of chosen another random day to propose, because then it would of meant that he wanted to propose to me to make me happy and not because he had to have a special gift for me because it was Valentines day and it's a day that we expect certain things.  Usually, I would always tell my significant other, that I didn't want a gift.  I guess I'm a little ungrateful, but honestly, I'm the type of person that I like to express my love to someone on random occasions for random reasons, it's just more meaningful to me that way.


That Valentines day, I was proposed to and I got a diamond ring from the man I was already married too, but to me, it wasn't a meaningful gesture, I just felt like he did it because I kept bitching about it.  I don't ever again want to get anything from anyone, because I am asking for it, when someone loves you in my opinion, they bring home flowers or chocolate, just because throughout the day they thought about you and wanted to show you so.  


Today I received a wonderful Valentines day gift and I do not want to share what it was, because I am not fully ready to talk about certain things about my life.  But I have to admit that the gift I got, is awesome and has no dollar value, but is more valuable then diamond rings or materialistic gifts, what can I say, I am a simple girl and don't require much to be happy.  I always say, that it is the little gestures that count.


HAPPY VALENTINES DAY TO ANYONE WHO COMES ACROSS THIS POST!


Whitney Houston - One moment in time......


http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=27Lf9gEioxI

2 comments:

  1. Hun, we all love you! I know I do, besides, I have only gotten one valentine gift EVER, so you are ahead of the curve! LOL

    Timba

    ReplyDelete
  2. i agree with you in almost 100% i also prefer any other day not just "valentines days" its like anything else as for me i always make sure the people i care about, the nes that i love knows every day of the year how much they mean to me i dont need a special day!!!! have a great day jazz ;) youre such a nice person GBY

    ReplyDelete

What happens in Vegas!

 Dear Journal - I know it has been sometime since I last wrote but as of late, my life has been pretty busy! I came on here tonight to write...