Monday, May 28, 2012

KISS AND TELL.......

Dear Journal -

WOW I have been neglecting you my love! and for that I do apologize.  I have to say that I have been really busy lately, I had finals and papers to hand in and just all kinds of running around to do.  The semester has ended and I feel really happy about it.  I did pretty well, not excellent though, but very well indeed.  

Through out this past semester I felt really good and although I did have some struggles as I usually do every semester, I have finally learned that the key to doing well is to try to manage your schedule accordingly and to make time for all the things that truly matter, all inclusive some sort of social life.  I had a bit of everything last semester and all in all, it was a good one.  Whenever I finish one, I feel this complete sense of accomplishment, I will be getting my Bachelor's degree hopefully soon and I am already thinking about post graduate studies.  I have a few schools in mind that I would really love to attend, but all that will come in due time, for now, I am focused on the present moment.

Speaking of the present, I went for a jog about an hour ago and I have to say that it felt really great! I love to run, when I do so, I feel like nothing else matters, I feel free and like I don't know, just free.  Free from everything and anything that is going on in my life.  I want to write a little story on this post that I read about in my Greek Literature class last semester that left me thinking about my cougar status.  Cougar, YES, that is when an older women dates younger men.  I have come to terms and acceptance that, that is what I am, and I am no longer ashamed of it, it is quite ok.  

The play or "Greek Tragedy" was called Oedipus the King, written by Sophocles.  Basically not to get off topic and go on a tangent as I often end up doing, Oedipus the King, is about a man who kills his father and marries his mother, but doesn't know that the man he killed was his father or that the woman he married is his mother.  When I read this the first thing I thought about was, wow! even in 427 BC older women would be with younger men.  I seriously didn't even think about the other important things about the play like, he killed his father, or that he was given the throne to the kingdom because he solved a riddle or any of the more important factors in this play, all I could think about was that one fact, if he married his mom, then clearly she was older.  AMAZING! I also in my history class a few semesters ago, read another story where women would get stoned if they were caught dating younger men, and vice versa.  So, this brings me to the point that everyone is always making a fuss about this particular topic, yet it has been happening for centuries!

But, I have a little secret to share with you my all wonderful journal.  I recently kissed and older man! OH MY! YES I DID! 18 years older! wooo hoooo! FIRST OLDER MEN I HAVE EVER KISSED! I wish so bad I would of gotten his business card, but I was a bit on the wasted side and failed to get it, or actually, I think I scared the poor man away, or maybe he gave me his business card and I lost it in the midst of all the craziness of that night! DAMMIT JAZZY!!!! All I know is that he was extremely handsome, funny and witty and very cool! we laughed a whole lot and then he put me on a cab because he was in NY on business and felt that I needed to go home because I was just wayyyyy to drunk! I have to defend myself when I say that although I did kiss him because I was drunk due to the fact that I have not drank in ages, I also did it because I was so excited that he was attracted to me and that he was so awesome, I ABSOLUTELY HAD TOO! I further did it because I had never before kissed an older man, the last time I kissed an older man was when I was 15 and my then boyfriend was 25 but after that, every last man that has been in my life was younger.

So there you have it journal! I feel like I have embarked in a new journey, one which I know nothing about.  Hopefully more of these sorts of men will approach me, because I have to admit that his kisses felt just like the ones the young men give me, not much of a difference or at least I don't think I remember thinking it was different.  You know when your drunk and you kind of talk to yourself and tell yourself ok don't do this or don't do that? yeah, you know what I mean right? well that was me, talking to myself in the bathroom going.... OMG! I kissed an older man! that's pretty pathetic, but that's my story.

Moral of the story? DRINK RESPONSIBLY!

OVER AND OUT!


No comments:

Post a Comment

What happens in Vegas!

 Dear Journal - I know it has been sometime since I last wrote but as of late, my life has been pretty busy! I came on here tonight to write...