Sunday, May 13, 2012

Why did people kill for Hitler? Social Psychology...

Now that my semester is coming to an end and I have to study for my finals, I felt like I needed to put on my blog this very important experiment that I learned about during my Social Psychology class.


This is an experiment that was conducted by Stanley Milgram http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Milgram_experiment who wanted to uncover the reason why people obeyed Adolf Hitler and committed the horrible crimes that they did, killing innocent people.


It is truly fascinating how we as human beings often follow others because for the most part, we just want to fit in.  It is ok to be an outcast, if you feel that what you are doing is right.  Don't be a follower! BE A LEADER!


I hope  you will take time out to watch this video, it is fascinating and very scary and sad.  I hope that whoever comes across my blog, not only finds complete garbage and total crap, but that they are able to find something on here to learn.


I am a life long learner and I want to share what I learn, with whomever wants to learn with me.


Happy Mother's day.


Milgram's Obedience to Authority Experiment
http://www.youtube.com/watch?feature=endscreen&NR=1&v=3f6LLV3fkXg






No comments:

Post a Comment

What happens in Vegas!

 Dear Journal - I know it has been sometime since I last wrote but as of late, my life has been pretty busy! I came on here tonight to write...