Tuesday, June 5, 2012

If you love somebody...LET THEM GO!

You would think that at my age, it would be easy for me to understand the concept of.  If you love somebody let them go.  And I do, I really do, but I also can't stand the concept and think it's stupid! why in the world if I love someone, should I let them go, why??? if I love them, I want them by my side, I want to have them, I want to touch them and I want to hold them and I want to be in their life.  Because love is about I, I and I.  I want I want and I want!!! PERIOD!

So, how do I, me, make myself understand that if you love someone you should let them go? Well for starters, I start to think about LOVE and what love means to me.  When you love someone, truly love them, it isn't about I anymore, it's about them, so, if you love someone and they no longer feel they want to be with you, the most loving thing to do is to let them go, because letting them go is a selfless act and when you truly love someone in a selfless way, you want that person to be happy.  If you don't leave the person be, and you keep persisting, isn't that like a selfish act? your trying to be with this person that you "love" even if being with them doesn't make them happy.  Don't you want the person that you love to be happy? I know, it confuses the shit out of me too, but it's reality.  

Doing that is so extremely hard though, loving someone and accepting that you need to let them go is probably one of the shittiest things to experience in life, I sure don't like it one bit.  I hate that feeling that no one else will do, or that feeling of sadness that sort of lingers on, like a cloud above your head.  You feel helpless and confused.

Sometimes in life, we have to do what is best and believe that when we do things with a loving heart, we will get back even better things.  I was talking about this with my friend last night, he just broke up with his girlfriend and I was checking up on him because I know that he once loved her very very much.  And we began to talk about it and how she wouldn't leave him alone and how he felt that she was disrespecting his wishes and then all of a sudden I thought, WOW! she doesn't love him in a pure way the way love should be, she is loving him with a selfish heart.  I am not judging her, I am just relating that we often in life confuse what true love is.  True love is not about ourself, it is about the person we love and respecting their wishes.  I am most certain that she is hurting and going through a very difficult time, break ups are the worse.  

Because I love my quotes, here is the one we know all to well, yet fail to attempt to do it because it's so hard to let go of the one we love..... But if we truly do love them, with a pure loving heart, we will let them go and with a loving heart, wish them all the best.

IF YOU LOVE SOMEONE, LET THEM GO, IF THEY COME BACK THEY WERE YOURS, IF THEY DON'T, THEY NEVER WERE....... 

No comments:

Post a Comment

What happens in Vegas!

 Dear Journal - I know it has been sometime since I last wrote but as of late, my life has been pretty busy! I came on here tonight to write...