Sunday, December 30, 2012

Jazzy's 2012 memorable moments.... OH MY! :-)

Dear Journal:

OH MY GOODNESS OH MY GOODNESS! (I got that line from one of my favorite movies EVA! Annie) where did this year go??? tomorrow this year will be over and oh boy what a year it was for Jazzy! can I just tell you that Facebook has this thing that tells me, MY most memorable moments! WHAT THE F!$K! how in the world would a social network site know my most memorable moments??? When I saw that, I had to laugh because stupid Facebook has NO IDEA! what it's talking about.  Oh Journal, I mean I do love my wonderful computer tech guys and my creative people that come up with these ideas on how to make these social network sites more and more addictive and more and more interactive, but please don't tell me what you think were my most memorable moments, because quite honestly journal the only one that's going to know about my most memorable moments of 2012 is going to be you!

I decided that instead of letting a public website tell me what my most memorable moments of 2012 were, I was going to compile them myself instead.  So without further a do, lets start with January, in January I went back home to Colombia to visit my family and wonderful friends.  I had not seen them in three years.  After being there for a few days, I went to visit my good friend who has been incarcerated now for over three years, one of my closest and truest friends Nacho! remember him? http://jazzy-jazzysjournal.blogspot.com/2011/06/love-sex-drugs.html While I was at the jail visiting him, I asked him for so many hugs and kisses that I can still close my eyes and remember how awesome they were! In my country, jails are nothing like the jails in the US, when you visit an inmate, the inmate is allowed to take his mattress out of his jail cell and place it right outside of the cell and then the jail cell is closed so that you cannot enter it, so the visitor is literally sitting on the inmates mattress right outside his cell, obviously the place is filled with mattresses on the floors and visitors along with inmates sitting on these mattresses with them, the jail is loud yet everyone seems to be in their own little world with the person they are visiting.  So, for about three hours we were laying on that mattress where I asked him to please please cuddle with me and I began telling him everything that had happened in my life since I last saw him.  He told me everything also and then we allowed our imaginations to run wild with all sorts of ideas of what we would be doing if he was free.  It was memorable being there with him because seeing him smile and laugh at our silly thoughts truly made my day and I am positive it made his too! When our visit was finally over, I left the jail walked across the street from it, where I noticed all the beautiful mountains that surrounded that horrible place.  As I stood there noticing the beauty all around me, my heart broke at the thought that I was once again was leaving my friend behind not knowing when I would talk to or see him again. It was a sad/happy day, yet memorable non the less.

In March, I got a text message from AJ after not hearing from him for over three months.  Remember AJ? http://jazzy-jazzysjournal.blogspot.com/2012/06/f-trust-issues.html One morning in early March, I woke up to find a text message on my phone from him.  The text message was a message with lyrics of a Cher song.  When I saw it, I just laid on my bed reading it over and over again! My heart felt fulfilled and I was in complete shock not knowing what to do, I had missed him so very much never once in those three months not having thought of him.  That night I called him and him and I spoke on the phone for hours, it felt as if we had never once stopped talking in the months that had preceded that conversation.  That night he sang to me and I loved it! it was a memorable moment to say the least!

In June, I had the extreme pleasure of marrying my two gay friends.  Yes, I did just type marry, because I was asked by them to please perform their ceremony.  I was soooo nervous that I might mess up! and of course I did, I made them say their vows in a different order than I was instructed to do so.  I was so nervous! because I wanted their day to be totally and completely perfect! the whole time watching these two amazing guys standing in front of me and all their family and friends professing their love to one another, reminded me that love comes in all shapes and sizes.  I kept telling myself that I had to be strong and not cry through the ceremony, so even though I made them say their vows in the wrong order everything still came out perfect because my two best friends are truly perfect for one another.   I was so extremely flattered and humbled by them asking me to be the one to perform the ceremony, but I enjoyed every last nerve wrecking moment.  It was lovely! and we had such an amazing time, it was most definitely a memorable day!

In June, I also had the pleasure of watching my beautiful young cousin and her now husband, exchange vows under a beautiful sunset by the beach in Key West Florida.  It was an amazing ceremony full of love and wonderful family and friends! I was there with my children and they truly enjoyed the time they spent in Florida and at the wedding.  Watching my cousin marry the man of her dreams and watching her awesome husband marrying the woman of his dreams was truly a wonderful memorable moment! what a lovely day in 2012.

In July, I met a man that I had, had a crush on for a really really long time, remember him? http://jazzy-jazzysjournal.blogspot.com/2012/07/dear-journal-is-it-just-little-crush.html The day I finally talked to him, I felt butterflies in my stomach and was really really nervous and could not believe I was actually talking to this person who I had been seeing from far for so long, had been crushing over and now I was talking too!  It was memorable in that he made me feel the butterflies that not many have in years! being around him made me feel young, energetic, anxious, happy, giggly, silly, dopey, nervous and all the things you feel when someone just... does it for you! It was really really awesome finally meeting him.  Although nothing came out of it, I did make an amazing new friend who I truly care about.  I once said that I wish I would of never met him that day,  but I only said that because I was angry about the fact that I met him at the wrong time in my life.  Officially meeting him that morning in July will however always be memorable to me, because there have not been many people throughout my life that I have felt that WOW feeling for and meeting him made me feel like.... WOW... Memorable indeed!

In September, I attended my other young beautiful cousins wedding, at a church in Queens I was able to witness my cousin and her wonderful new husband exchange vows.  They looked so happy and in love and their wedding was truly beautiful and unforgettable.  Seeing them together exchanging vows reminded me of what a loving rewarding relationship is truly supposed to look like.  Their love for one another is truly unique and true, they accept and respect one another in a way that you don't see often in couples.  I enjoyed that day and night so much! being with family and friends that day was truly memorable.

In September I also had another moment that I cannot deny that was truly memorable, and although I prefer not to be completely specific and detailed about it, I will say this.  It was a moment I shared with a man.  He and I were talking in his living room and then we decided to go lay down on his bed without nothing sexual happening, when I laid down beside him in that moment all of a sudden everything just felt....PERFECT! the world in that moment was just... PERFECT! I had not felt perfect in a really long long time.  After however, I hyperventilated and had to run out of the apartment to catch my breath, it was really crazy and most definitely in the weirdest yet most awesome way a truly memorable moment to say the very least!

In October I turned 41 years old, turning 41 felt great! I went out and danced sooooo much all night long, that I ended up loosing two of my two nails.  Ok, I don't know how to describe how it happened but that night I went to a night club called Pachas, I was wearing a sweat suit and sneakers that night and because the sneakers I was wearing were so tight I think that due to the pressure on the sneaker and the way I was dancing, my toes kept banging the front of my sneaker and then became bruised and the bruise caused my nail too fall out! I KNOW! crazy! I still can't believe it! but I had a most memorable time that night and it was AWESOME! Additionally, the situation caused my mom and I a ton of laughter.  We could not believe that my two toe nails had literally one grew over the bruised up causing them to fall out after the new one had grown in and all this was caused because I had danced my butt off! it was too damn funny and too good not to be unforgettable!

In November, I took a day off from work to accompany my mom to take her citizenship test.  I sat outside the office where they administer the test and was anxious and stressed and had all sorts of butterflies in my stomach anxiously awaiting for my mommy to get out and tell me how she had done.  She finally walked out of the office with a smile on her face letting me know that she had passed her test! I WAS SOOOOO PROUD OF MY MOMMY! she studied so hard for so many months to make sure she knew her American history! my mom now knows more about America than I do! it was a memorable day because my mommy is so damn awesome!

So, there you have it! Jazzy's 2012 most memorable moments! I had an amazing year! there was laughter there was tears, there were moments when I wanted to quit, give up and go far far away from everything and everyone! but what kept me strong was.... LOVE! the love I have for my children, for my family and for my amazing friends.  I feel truly blessed that I have managed to surround myself with truly amazing people, people that love and accept me just as I am, people that understand my madness, those who I can call and cry to or share a funny moment with and they appreciate it.  Everyday I learn something new and I always think to myself one important thing that I learned when I was attending the practical philosophy classes and that is that, EVERYTHING and EVERYONE in front of us is our teacher! INDEED!

I WISH ALL OF THOSE WHO COME ACROSS THIS POST A VERY HAPPY, SUCCESSFUL, PEACEFUL 2013! BUT MOST OF ALL.....I WISH FOR ALL A 2013 FULL OF LOVE! THAT WHICH WE CAN NOT HAVE ENOUGH OF!

PEACE AND LOVE!

Black Eye Peas ~ Where is the love
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=EICNm-Ow0ms 


No comments:

Post a Comment

What happens in Vegas!

 Dear Journal - I know it has been sometime since I last wrote but as of late, my life has been pretty busy! I came on here tonight to write...