Saturday, September 10, 2011

Falling To Pieces

Breakeven by: The Script


I have always loved this song since I first heard it.  I listen to it almost daily on my IPhone.  When I first heard it, It made me think of Benjamin (that's not his real name) but it did.  I'm pretty sure that who ever follows my blog is probably sick and tired of hearing about him, but what can I say? for so many years every single song made me think of him, he was the one I loved and was always on my mind.


I'm happy to say however, that this particular song no longer makes me think of Benjamin.  It actually makes me think of someone who sang it along side me in a rental car.  The song came on the radio and we both automatically began to sing it.  At first I was actually shocked that he even liked it.  When we both began to sing it, I briefly thought of Benjamin, but soon, when I saw that he was also singing it at the top of his lungs, I was taken aback and I automatically thought, I wonder who he is thinking about? I wonder who this song reminds him of?  


I must admit that for a brief moment, I felt a bit of jealousy.  I did not ask him who it made him think of because I didn't feel that it was my place to do so, or rather, I didn't know if he would of even told me who it reminded him of.  Then I thought, that maybe he just really liked the song and I didn't want to bother going there, why bring up the past or try to find out things that ultimately wouldn't even matter?  


In learning how to build meaningful relationships, I have learned that the past is just that, the past! and when we are getting to know a person, it kind of doesn't serve any purpose in bringing that up.  But, we all do it and we always fall into that trap of becoming jealous and annoyed at things that probably don't even matter anymore.  At the end of the day, he was sitting there with me, and even if for a brief moment he thought of someone else, what difference did it make? once the song was over the thought was over and we went right back to talking and enjoying our time together, it was about us.  I sincerely believe that he and I were both completely happy in that moment in that car, we were both there together in mind and body, enjoying the view of a beautiful city neither one of us frequented.


Anyway, every time I listen to the song now, I think of him.  I'm really glad that he gave the song a whole new meaning to me, It's not even about the lyrics as much as it is about the moment.  The one that mattered, that one!


The Script - Breakeven

No comments:

Post a Comment

What happens in Vegas!

 Dear Journal - I know it has been sometime since I last wrote but as of late, my life has been pretty busy! I came on here tonight to write...