Tuesday, February 19, 2013

Dear Journal: a day skiing... and the HOT dad!

Dear Journal:

I have to make this short and sweet! but I simply must report yesterday's developments in Jazzy's usually uneventful life! So I finally went skiing and it was super duper AWESOME! OH MY GOODNESS! such a great fun time!

The first thing I would like to report is that the last time I went skiing was when I was in Junior High School! that was exactly 26 years ago! HOLLY SHIT! that is a long time ago! actually, that is longer than the age of the people I was with.  I was with three lovely ladies and one lovely gentleman from my school, all under 25 and all awesome individuals who I had an absolutely lovely time with! of course, I was the only one who never really made it to an actual slope, I mean I am bold, but not THAT BOLD! I was on the bunny slopes all day meeting all sorts of random people and thinking a lot about pizza and french fries! and not because I was hungry, although thinking about it made me want both of them, but because my mere life depended on me remembering those two key words.  

So basically, when you are going down a slope, in order for you to stop, your legs have to make the shape of a pizza with the front of your skis being the point of the pizza.  Well! the whole time until I was able to get the rhythm of things, I kept going down with my feet making that shape, so that I would not bust my behind.  I fell I think about 4 or five times, the first time I tried going down, I pretty much went down on my butt, the rest of the day, I went down on pizza and at the end, I finally felt comfortable enough to do the french fries! the french fries, is when you go down with your skis pointing straight and you are swerving from side to side, I don't know how else to explain it and don't know the technicalities but that is the just of it.  Anyway, by the end of the night I finally felt comfortable enough so that the next time I go skiing, I can finally go on a slope.  

Skiing is absolutely awesome and a whole lot of fun, I laughed so hard watching everyone fall all day long and listening to everyone talk about pizza and french fries, the bunny slopes are hilarious! most of the people are on the ground and there are skis constantly flying all over the place, I could not stop laughing at myself and others! then there were all these little kids that were just on a mission to conquer! they were so damn cute, tiny little things on skis just doing there thing.  I absolutely loved every moment!

Then, there were the hot dads! wooo hoooo! can I just tell you that skiing is probably one of the best ways to meet a man! like seriously, I don't want to be bothered with people right now, but if I was in the mood, OH MY GOD! I would have milked the damsel in distress role! I cannot tell you how many times a cute guy looked at me while I was on the ground and asked me if I needed help! it was AWESOME! at one point, I fell flat on my face right in front of this man and his little boy, he was so damn handsome I actually felt embarrassed, anyway, the kid was so cute and the dad was trying to explain something to him, telling him to try that he could do it! he kept calling the little boy by his name, so while I was still on the snow trying to get up but also watching the dad, talking to him and the dad trying to help me and his son, I just sat there and also started calling the little boy by his name telling him he COULD DO IT! the dad loved that! gave me a million dollar smile and told me that the little boy was also smiling, because I could not see the little boys face.  

Then, as he was still trying to help his son, he kept getting distracted watching me trying to get up and I could tell he just wanted to keep talking to me, meanwhile, I felt so embarrassed I didn't even want to try! it was hilarious! the whole time I kept thinking to myself, oh my god! he is such a HOT dad! Then, after he watched me attempt like three times and not managing to get up, he was like, do you want me to come help you up? I decided to say no because he was with his son, but I swear, I could almost read his thoughts or maybe it was his eyes that were giving him away, he totally wanted to help this damsel in distress! but I did not want to take him away from his little boyI am almost sure he was there alone with his son, because of the way he was sort of being flirty, but then again I could be wrong, maybe his wife was skiing somewhere, regardless, I was just being me and well, I didn't see a woman so nothing wrong with a little flirting as I am on the ground on my butt covered in snow!

I finally was able to get up and finally gathered my composure and decided to stop paying attention to the hot dads and focus on the task at hand, I was able to really get the hang of it and go down the bunny slope without falling a number of times.  I did see the same dad later on still alone still with the cute little boy, and I passed him quickly and he gave me a thumbs up and an amazing smile! DAMN! now that I am writing this I'm thinking, I should of just kept talking to the guy! but no, I am trying to stay away from the opposite sex for a while.  Today, I feel great! not in too much pain, I guess because I am so active usually, my body is used to feeling banged up.  I mean my arms hurt a bit, but not to bad.

Yesterday was a pretty awesome day, I did not take my kids as it was a day for me, but I will definitely be taking them next time, because you better believe there will be a next time! I AM HOOKED!

No comments:

Post a Comment

What happens in Vegas!

 Dear Journal - I know it has been sometime since I last wrote but as of late, my life has been pretty busy! I came on here tonight to write...