Wednesday, February 27, 2013

THE PRESENT..A POEM BY: KRYSTIN MILLER

Dear Journal:

As promised, below is one of the poems one of my classmates wrote as an assignment for our creative writing class.  I also want to post one more that was written by another classmate, but she left class last night before I could ask her.  Can I just say that being around all these young creative individuals is really awesome! I love the fact that they see the world with fresh eyes.  Most of my classmates are probably half my age, yet I truly respect their opinions, some are really passionate about their ideas.  I truly enjoy being around them and being able to learn from them.  Remember journal, everything and everyone in front of us is our teacher!

The Present
By: Krystina Miller

Future, stop playing hard to get.

if i believed in eternity i'd become a wedding planner
speaking of bullshit,
Flowers shouldn't cost so much money.
Nature shouldn't cost so much money.

there's such little color in the city
if i wanted everlasting dark i'd just turn off my Sun
i feel so bad for the shivering Dogs scraping the concrete after they piss

i never wanted my feet fettered in shoes to protect me from the Earth

nor my Beans to be canned


******************************************************

No comments:

Post a Comment

What happens in Vegas!

 Dear Journal - I know it has been sometime since I last wrote but as of late, my life has been pretty busy! I came on here tonight to write...