Friday, May 20, 2011

25 HOURS TO LIVE!

What the F$@K is going on???? all this talk about end of the world tomorrow??? Well, since I might be gone tomorrow, it only makes sense that I write the night before because well, writing is one of the things I love to do most after ..... Something that I really really like to do even more, but don't do often, and can't say it on my blog because it's not PG 13.   


So with that said, if you have ever read my blog, then you know that Jazzy ALWAYS has some sort of story to share, because well, my life is a story and I like to share my story with you.  Tonight I am going to share the story about last Sunday, when I went for the very first time to Gotham's writers workshop, to learn how to be more creative with my writing so that I may further entertain you wonderful magnificent people that come to my blog because you want to know about my crazy life (it's not really that exciting) Or rather, so I can become creative and make my own life into some sort of creative story that will leave you wanting to know more! 


I have no idea what I will get out of this class, never the less, when I got there last week 20 minutes late (I was stuck in traffic my bad) and met the wonderful people there that love to write as much as myself.  I was immediately happy that I spent the money I did and then kept thinking that I must really have serious issues enrolling to attend a Sunday class WTF! I kept thinking to myself (damn Jazz, you getting old) and so I am and it's all good, cause I'm also wiser! and real good at the few things that I know how to do, wink wink!


Anyway, my first assignment while attending the class, was to think and describe what I would do If I only had 25 hours to live! (how appropriate to have this assignment a week before THE END WTF!) and so I looked at the teacher and was like OMG! I've never thought of that before or not enough to write about it at least.  So I had 10 minutes to get into that state of mind and write what I would do.  In my mind I set out on this journey to imagine what my day would be like, below, is what I came up with.


*******************************************************


Tomorrow at this time, my soul will be floating away from my body and entering a new dimension, or maybe clearing up to start a new beginning.  As my soul elevates away from my body, I look down upon my body that is laying there soul less and all of a sudden, begin to see the events of the previous 25 hours when I occupied it. 


I slept like a baby, because I knew that it would be the last sleep I would get.  When I woke up, the first thing I did once I acknowledged the fact that the next 25 hours would be my last hours on earth, was wake my beautiful children up hold each one really tight individually.  I then took each one individually to another room, and told each one of them, what made them so unique and special.  After spending about 30 minutes with each of the three of them.  I made them all get ready, and we got in my car and drove to Queens to my sister's house.  All I could think of was to spend time with my niece, my nephew and my mother.  Them, the only people that truly mattered to me.  I could not think of any other thing to do, or any other place I would rather be, then while at the house, surrounded by the people I love most in this world.  I sat with them throughout the day acting as if nothing was wrong but knowing that the next day I would be gone.  They were none the wiser.  I gave them all, for 25 hours, my unconditional love.


*******************************************************


After I wrote this, I had tears in my eyes, because I actually imagined these events taking place.  After the 10 minutes were up, we were all asked to read what we had written.  As I started to read mine, my voice started trembling and I was not able to do so, so I asked the teacher if I could ask someone else to do it.  He told me that it was really great that I wrote from my heart, this made me very happy.


I was really glad that the teacher gave us this exercise for two reasons.  One, because it really helped me to get into the mind frame of what I would do and two, because It kind of helped me put somethings into perspective.  What I realized after I heard the rest of the class reading what they had written, was that almost everyone in the class said almost the same thing, which was that they would be with the people they most loved in this world (except this one guy who said he would grab every drug he could get his hands on and get all kinds of high!) but besides him, everyone sort of said the same thing just in different story form.


I suggest, that the next time you are having a crapy day, bitching and moaning about how hard and terrible this world is, how hard it is for you, how bad you have it, how shit just sucks! you should sit down and think of what you would do, if you had 25 hours to live. Maybe just maybe, that will help you put into perspective that all the other stuff that we deal with on a daily basis, ultimately doesn't matter because one day, we will all be gone.  And maybe just maybe, that will allow you to appreciate the moment you are in and how valuable life truly is.  And maybe just maybe, it will shut your bitching up and even make you want to tell someone you love that you do so.  I'm telling you right now, it's worth the try.  Just saying!


Oh and by the way, tomorrow is NOT the end of the world, but you should still tell the person you love you love them and you should still make up with the person you fought, because hey, the reality is.......


THAT TOMORROW IS NEVER PROMISED!

No comments:

Post a Comment

What happens in Vegas!

 Dear Journal - I know it has been sometime since I last wrote but as of late, my life has been pretty busy! I came on here tonight to write...