Saturday, July 30, 2011

Telling PERRY THE FUC$ OFF!

OH GOD! I love to write, I have been slacking off lately and I just grabbed a note book from my creative writing class that I took at the beginning of this summer and I remembered how I told myself that I was going to put everything I wrote in that class, on my journal.  


My teacher would give us a thought and we would have to come up with a story or a scenario and write it. For this one class, he told us the following......


Scenario
Imagine you are Elaine and you call your boyfriend Perry, you are calling him because he did something to upset you, so the minute he answers the phone, and says hello, you start going off on him.  A few minutes later after you are done telling him off, the person on the other line says, sorry you have the wrong number.


Some people wrote some interesting stuff, I actually wish I had the capability of being as creative of some of those fine people that I shared five weeks of creative writing with.  I however, imagined my scenario in a very violent and abusive way.  This probably comes from the fact that most of my relationships have been abusive in nature.  I am hoping, that the day God brings a wonderful man to my life that I shall love and care for, that he (God) will also give me the patience and tolerance, to not repeat a relationship that is mentally, physically, or verbally abusive in nature.  A loving, wonderful relationship should not have any of those things.  Below is the story I came up with for that class.  We would get a few scenarios in each class, and get 10 minutes to write something.   


Elaine is pissed at Perry...
The phone rings and he picks it up........ HELLO........


ELAINE: What the fuck is your problem with me!  I would really appreciate it, if you would ask questions, instead of accusing me of shit I didn't do! I'm seriously sick and tired of you and your attitudes.  You never ask any questions, instead, you start acting like a fucking asshole with me, simply because you are assuming something that isn't even true!!!!


Ask questions you fucking idiot! no one says you can't!  And another thing, next time you fucking hang up on me, I will never again pick up your calls Perry!


On the other line there is complete silence, which makes her even more upset, she is shacking with anger, all she wants is for him to communicate with her, why is this so difficult?  She is still waiting for him to respond.  Maybe 5 seconds have passed, but to her it feels like hours.  She finally says.....WELL! what the fuck Perry say something.  Immediately after that, John says, Elaine it's me John sorry that you and Perry are going at it again.......


Elaine is in shock.  In that moment, she realizes that she called Perry with such anger, that she is glad she is telling poor John off instead, because what she just said to Perry, had she gotten him on the phone, would of probably made the problem bigger.  


She begins to cry to John and John her dear friend listens quietly.  John says to Elaine, why don't you calm down and call him when you are no longer upset and tell him exactly what you said, but in a soft, calm, gentle voice and without the profanity.  Maybe if you let him know how his silence makes you feel, he will realize how much he hurts you.  Good luck Elaine... I'm here if you need me.


John hangs up and Elaine sit's on her bed and cries.........

No comments:

Post a Comment

What happens in Vegas!

 Dear Journal - I know it has been sometime since I last wrote but as of late, my life has been pretty busy! I came on here tonight to write...