Sunday, August 28, 2011

IRENE AFTERMATH!!!! Hurricane Love Story!

Ok, so I have to start by telling you all that I am still blogging! WOOOOO HOOOOO! this means I am alive and well! YES! I know that there were many people making a big deal about this hurricane business, and there were many drama queens saying all sorts of things about it and at the end, it wasn't that bad.  Well, I have to say, that I am very thankful to God for that.  I am far from being a drama queen, I don't really like drama and I try my hardest to stay away from it.  So, I just went through this quietly and only expressing to a very few, how nervous I was about it.  I don't usually pay attention to all the hype, because I know that many times, mayor's and authorities sort of over do things in order to maybe look good, or maybe they are just doing their job as they should do.




I have to say, that I am in disagreement, with all of those who were bad mouthing my mayor for "over doing" and "hyping things up."  It annoys me that people are so ungrateful in this beautiful country.  When you come from a country such as mine, that does not prepare nearly as much for catastrophe's, you sort of see life and things in a very different way.  I believe that it is better to be safe than sorry and I for one, am proud to say that I am a New Yorker, because my Mayor, cares about my safety.   I think that instead of going around bad mouthing him and continuing to complain, people should use that negative energy they are using to bitch and complain and use it for something positive like finding out if there is anything that needs to be done to ensure that tomorrow, we can have a safe commute back to work and move on with our lives.  


For all of those who are not aware, any sort of catastrophe that hits NYC, will impact the entire world.  If the financial district would of flooded or if something really bad would of happened to it, EVERYONE would suffer.  So, imagine the pressure that the mayor of NYC has.




I am happy to say that I live in the greatest city in the world, a place that has a little bit of everything.  I am happy that I am looking out of my window and all I see is a few branches on the streets.  I was really nervous, because I live near the ocean.  I think we all know, what mother nature is capable of doing and I never under estimate the power of the world.  So, yes maybe I am a bit of a drama queen when it comes to things like these, but I was once in an earthquake that scared me half to death.  Nothing that mother nature does, is a laughing matter.




The other day when I wrote about the hurricane, http://jazzy-jazzysjournal.blogspot.com/2011/08/irene-you-biatch.html I also mentioned that I had asked my ex husband to stay with us.  I would love to say that I had a romantic evening with my ex and that we decided to get back together and have a family due to the stress of the dramatic events that were soon to unfold WTF!.  My life is not a soap opera with lots of twist and happy endings.  Nor did I ever intend to use this as an excuse to "get my man back" although if I would of been in love with him still, this would of been a really good way to do so.  Women know how to milk their damsel in distress skills when the need arises.  Anyway, I regret to disappoint  that this is not really a "hurricane love story."


The truth is, that I felt really awkward having him in my home, I cannot believe that this is a person I once loved and would do anything for.  He slept in one room, I in another just as we did at the end of my marriage.  Actually we barely talked, it was a bit annoying to be in the same place with him as there have been many times that this man makes my blood boil.  


Just comes to show that everything in life has an end, and that people do recover from love and that people can be friends for their children's sake.  My baby girl was soooo happy to be with her daddy.  I felt that I acted in a mature responsible way, by asking him to stay with us.   At one point this morning, he said something that annoyed me so immensely, that I kept wondering, how did I ever love this person??? he is not a bad person and I am not bad mouthing him, but it's just weird to me how human feelings change and how sometimes in life, we think omg! I can't live without this person, but then when you are over it, you are like OMG! how did I ever tolerate this person?


He actually told me about girls he dates and said to me that I was getting old, when I mentioned that people annoy me and I have issues when it comes to romantic relationships.  We laughed and I agreed that I am getting old and that I was ok with it.  After, he went on his merry way.  It was pretty cool being able to talk like two adults and feel ok about it.  Anyway, just thought I would share that bit of experience with whom ever should come across my blog and might be going through a difficult love experience.  Trust me when I tell you that,   EVERYTHING IN LIFE PASSES, EVEN A HURRICANE!......

No comments:

Post a Comment

What happens in Vegas!

 Dear Journal - I know it has been sometime since I last wrote but as of late, my life has been pretty busy! I came on here tonight to write...