Friday, August 12, 2011

They found their one! YAY!

When loneliness starts to hit you, you begin to make up stories in your mind about all the different people in your life, and you begin to almost fantasize and make up scenarios about how this or that person is "the one" at almost 40, I have come to one sad realization that I have accepted and am ok with.  That realization is, that I have never met him, "the one" I never even used to think about the "the one" theory, until after I met Benjamin, before him, everyone who I was ever with, was never really good enough.  I know that seems like a horrible thing to say, but the reality is, that at some point in my relationships, I always began to feel like there was something missing, like I needed and wanted more and that the individual I was with, did not fill that which I needed completely. 

Obviously, as I have gotten older and experienced different things in life, I have also realized that no one can make you happy, unless you are already happy and that the only way you can truly be fulfilled is to already be happy and then when that special person comes into your life, they just add to your already happy life.  That at least is my theory that in my mind is the right scenario.  It’s like wow, I’m happy a bit lonely yes, but for the most part pretty happy, then along comes this person, blows my mind and makes me even happier! WOW! That’s awesome.  For the most part, I find that most people look to others for happiness and when that occurs, you always end up feeling un happy.  That’s what I did all of my life. 

My longest relationship has been of 3 years.  I did not even believe in "the one" theory at all to be honest.  I used to always say, that there is only “the one” for that moment in your life, but then, I think of one of my best friends, and all of a sudden, that idea, of “the one” becomes a reality!

On May 6, 2011 I was lucky enough to witness the wedding of the year at a hotel in Omaha, Nebraska.   I witnessed, as one my closest friends, married her one.  As I watched my friend walking down the stairs in her beautiful white long tailed gown, accompanied by her brother, I couldn't help but to think, that maybe there is such a thing, and that I was just bitter about love.  There, alongside 150 other guest, I watched as she marched down slowly step by step, the sun so bright behind her, it almost appeared as if an angel was descending down from heaven, her flawless beauty in her white gown just took all our breaths away.  We all watched in awe.  And the day, could not of been more perfect, the air was crisp and warm and I could feel the warmth of the sun on my face.  The atmosphere was full of love and peace.
I had to at one point look at the groom, because in my mind, I still could not absorb all this beauty before me, I needed to know, that my best girl, was about to join, the best man in the world.  Who was this stranger from Nebraska? And, did he really love my girl? I still needed peace of mind, because I don’t believe in “the one” but then,  when I turned to look at him, it didn't take me long for me to realize, that before us all, stood a real man a man in love.  This stranger that we all had also come to love, was waiting for his woman.  When looking at him, it almost appeared as if him and the sun had become one, that is how happy he looked.  He’s demeanor was calm and ready.  He was ready to take on this new challenge in his life, that of being a husband, he was ready to take care of my girl for the rest of his life. 

Finally the two came together and stared into each other’s eyes, as they looked at one another in complete happiness and love and said their vows with a smile on their face, I realized, that there was such a thing as “the one” and that these two lucky people, have found that in each other.
Last night, I was talking to my friend telling her how lucky she was, I have spent time with them at their home and have witnessed their love so true for one another.  There is trust, there is commitment, there is communication and there is so much love.  He treats her with love and respect and vice versa, they complete each other, it’s just a pleasure to be around so much love.

When a man loves a woman, there is nothing he will not do for her, this is a fact, and I see this in him for my girl.  When a man loves a woman, he wants to flaunt her to the world and that he always does.  When a man loves a woman, he will go out of his way to make her happy and that is what he does for my friend.  When a man loves a woman, he takes her to the alter and makes her his bride.  That man, my new friend Rob, loves Maria and vice versa, my friend makes her man happy this I know for sure.

I WANT TO DEDICATE THIS BLOG POST TO MY TWO FRIENDS WHO I LOVE!
I WISH YOU BOTH, A LIFE TIME OF LOVE AND HAPPINESS!
I didn’t give you a wedding gift, so this is my gift to you!
ROB AND MARIA – LOVE SO TRUE 5-6-11

Ps. Thank you for helping me believe in love again!

2 comments:

  1. That is absolutly amazing!!!! Thank you so very much for taking the time to write this about us. ~M Rowan~

    ReplyDelete

What happens in Vegas!

 Dear Journal - I know it has been sometime since I last wrote but as of late, my life has been pretty busy! I came on here tonight to write...