Wednesday, April 20, 2011

Sleepless in Brooklyn

I watched Sleepless in Seattle this weekend which is one of my favorite movies.  This morning, I was on the train trying to get through the end of my new favorite book, There are no ordinary moments by Dan Millman.  And in it, he says that we live our own movie and that we can choose to play any part that we want to, depending on what situation we are dealing with in the present moment.


This does not mean that you have to live your life as if you are re-enacting a movie, however, movies are made out of someone's ideas and thoughts and when these movies make an impression on many people also known as, they are a hit.  I have to believe that the reason it becomes a hit, is because we the viewers can relate to them in some way.  I believe this happens because we are all so similar.  Men and woman, we all go through trials and tribulations because we are human.  


I often use movie quotes to remind myself of things or to trigger something within me to help me make a decision.  Most of the time, these quotes help me tremendously.  However, I have noticed that more often then not, these quotes come into my mind after I have a gut feeling.  So, I feel like it's almost sort of a sign, like something greater then myself, telling me that whatever doubt I have, just go with the feeling and do it.  Most often then not, when I base my decisions on these feelings, the outcome of my decision is positive. 


Last weekend I was going through a difficult time trying to decide what to do about a specific situation that relates to someone who has been in my life indirectly for a few years now.  I did not know what to do, but something kept telling me that the decision I had made was the right one and all of a sudden, the following quote from Sleepless in Seattle came into my mind.


Meg Ryan - "Beck... Is this crazy?"


Rosie O'Donnell - "No, that's the weirdest part about it" 


Today, the decision I made happened.  I have to say, that I feel so happy about my decision.  Sometimes, the things we think are crazy are really not.  When you think you need to do something because it feels right for you, DO IT! because the outcome might just overwhelm you with happiness.  Sometimes in life, we just "really need to do this." - Movie quote can't remember which one.


I don't know what the end result of my decision will be, nor do I have any expectations or ideas about the ultimate outcome either.  However, I am so happy, because I truly in my heart believe that I made the right choice and "life, is just as it should be" - quote from My best friends wedding.







No comments:

Post a Comment

What happens in Vegas!

 Dear Journal - I know it has been sometime since I last wrote but as of late, my life has been pretty busy! I came on here tonight to write...