Monday, June 20, 2011

A BRAVE MAN

I have been taking a creative writing class now for five weeks, and I must say that I seriously enjoy it.  When I sit in that class with all those creative people I have to say that I truly suck at writing.   The teacher told us, that most of what we write is shit and that out of hundreds of pages of shit, we might have one good thing.  Of course he was talking about non-fiction stories.  The people I attend this class with are really really good at creative writing.  They will whip up a story in minutes, meanwhile, I will sit there and day dream for a bit until something comes into my mind that makes even a bit of sense.  


I have been thinking lately about changing the format to my journal I am thinking about fabricating stories and making them non-fiction, but I'm not sure yet.  When I first started writing my journal, I was actually journaling about my past but then all of a sudden, my journal started becoming a live journal of events that are going on in my life currently or maybe a few months ago.  I sort of don't want to do that, because that means that I would have to talk about people currently in my life and I don't know how certain individuals will feel about me writing stuff about them.  I think I might start trying to be more creative with my writing and write some non-fiction short stories based on true events that happened in my past.  But I am still not sure which way to take my journal.  I do have some seriously juicy stories that I still want to share tho, so please, stay tuned for those.  


I was just going through my notebook from my creative writing class and I wanted to share some thoughts that I jotted down while in class one Sunday.  It has to do with men and bravery and what having courage as a man or a woman means to me.  I wrote the below little series of thoughts in class...


BAVERY OF A MAN.......


So for this I will reference the Vivaldi Brothers - the Vivaldi Brother's were two brother's from Genoa, who in 1291 set out to explore India and were lost at sea never to be found again, seriously sad.  I took a whole semester on the shaping of the modern world history and that is the only thing I remember.  I know, that's really pathetic.  But anyway, I mention the Vivaldi brother's because when I think of a BRAVE MEN they come to mind.  


To me, a brave man is not one that is strong enough in muscle mass, that he can lift someone up by the collar pin that person up on a wall and punch them in the face.  Actually if you have big muscles and you use them to go around beating on smaller men, I would probably consider that a coward move. 


Bravery to me is the Vivaldi Brother's.  Two men who set out on an expedition to find new lands, to explore new worlds and to learn and seek new wonders without fear of their fate, to grow become knowledgable and seek wisdom.  That to me is brave.  I think if I would of been a man, I would have already traveled and experienced all sorts of things.  Many times in my life I have not done things, because I have children and I can't, but for the most part, I take huge chances.  


To me a brave man is not afraid to take chances in life, he is willing to work hard in whatever field he chooses and he does so with self respect and honor.  A brave man is not afraid to go after what he wants.  A brave man is not afraid to speak his mind and seek the truth.  A brave man wants to constantly learn new things, explore new territories and find wisdom.  A brave man is not afraid to love and be loved to respect others and expect to be treated with respect.  That's what I find to be brave.  


I believe that women need to be brave as well.  But I am not going to write about women's bravery because quite frankly, when you think of the word brave, automatically men come to mind.  Yet a woman needs to be brave, in order to withstand all the things that we must do to survive in this world that is full of weak scared men.  Maybe all along, we have been wrong, maybe in reality, the word BRAVE should be used to describe women.  Women are the one's that go around doing brave things these days.  


If you are a man that is always afraid to live.  I think it's time for you to stand in front of a mirror, grab what you have between your legs, hold them up and stare at them as you do so.  If you see them, then act like you have them.  And if you don't see them, then buy something to grow them.  The Vivaldi brother's had some real balls!


And that is all I have to say about that -  Quote from Forrest Gump.  


Oh, in case you don't know, I LOVE QUOTING MOVIES.....

No comments:

Post a Comment

What happens in Vegas!

 Dear Journal - I know it has been sometime since I last wrote but as of late, my life has been pretty busy! I came on here tonight to write...