Wednesday, June 22, 2011

A MESSAGE FROM THE UNIVERSE

Emotional Needs:
Every one of us shares the same fundamental emotional need to feel loved, understood, and appreciated.  The way we dress, the way we speak, and the exercise we pursue (or want to pursue), our occupation, the money we make, the car we own, where we live, and many other choices we’ve made and achievement we’ve worked for are all related to our need to feel loved, understood, and appreciated.
And yet, despite all our efforts, our needs for love, understanding, and appreciation rarely feel satisfied.  This stems from a deeply rooted misunderstanding between our Higher Self, Basic Self, and Conscious Self – a misunderstanding so common it is almost universal: We have formed dependence on the world outside us to fulfill our internal needs.  Ultimately, however, external sources cannot satisfy inner needs.
The Need-to-Give Principle helps clear up this internal confusion by stating:
If we want carrots, we need to plant carrots;
If we want radishes, we need to plant radishes;
If we want love, we need to plant love;
If we want understanding, we need to become understanding.
If we want to feel appreciated, we need to appreciate others.
If we want to feel loved, we need to give love.

I took the above three paragraphs, right out of my favorite book “NO ORDINARY MOMENTS” by Dan Millman.  I am not really good at reviewing a whole entire book because I have never really done so.  I want to try at some point though.  But for now, I want to put in my journal parts of books that I find helpful to me with everyday decision making and or to keep myself focused on the things that are truly important in my life.
It’s very easy to get distracted at times, but what has always helped me to continue to move forward with my goals is, that I write them down and keep them in the back of my mind.  When ever I feel like I’m loosing focus.  I think to myself, 'you better not give up you need to do xyz.'  Take care of me so I can take care of the one’s who need me and depend on me.  At the end of the day, whatever we do, we do for the love of the one’s who truly matter in our lives.  I do it for my children.  I have to constantly remind myself that they did not ask to be put on this earth and that I have to be responsible and make sure that they are ok. 
The paragraphs that I took from the book to put on here, I did so because whenever I feel like I am not feeling appreciated or loved or understood.  Or when I feel like maybe I am not being understanding or appreciative or loving towards others.  I can reference this and think to myself.  Am I treating other’s the way I want to be treated? By doing this, it may help me to put things in perspective.  Believe it or not, I read my journal entries all the time.  I love my journal and I love that you are reading it too.  Yes you, whom ever you may be.  Why else would I write if it weren't for you to read it? No, I don't know who reads it, but even if one person stubbles upon my journal and get's something good out of it, then I'm happy. 

I hope that on here, you will find something that you can relate to and maybe learn something from it, meaning.  You read it and you think, she did that? what and idiot! I sure wouldn’t! or she did that? wow, if she can do it so can I!  My live journal is for all to see, because I like to learn and share those things which I feel would be helpful to others.  I live and learn I am not perfect, I am on this road also.  I struggle just as much as the next person.
So remember, if you want understanding, appreciation and love make sure you are giving that also.  In life, it is important to give and take.  Don't always be the giver and don't always be the taker.  It's so rewarding when you  can be both.

No comments:

Post a Comment

What happens in Vegas!

 Dear Journal - I know it has been sometime since I last wrote but as of late, my life has been pretty busy! I came on here tonight to write...