Saturday, June 18, 2011

GAY AND PROUD OF IT! CELEBRATE GAY PRIDE!

I'm half asleep because I couldn't sleep last night, I caught a late movie with my daughter after begging EVERYONE to come with me.  I have two boys who no longer wish to hang out with me so, thank God for my baby girl.  Here I am trying to nap before I get out and run around for the day.  But I can't stop thinking about writing this because I have been thinking about it for about three days.


I went to see XMen and I thought it was pretty decent, however, as with all or most movies I think it is safe to assume that most times, writers who write scripts are often trying not only to make a movie entertaining but also trying to convey a message to the audience.  Obviously we sometimes come out of movies thinking wow, that movie was great it reminded me of xyz.  Last night, the whole time I was watching the movie, I kept thinking about the message XMen was trying to convey and to me that message was LOVE ALL PEOPLE WITH OUT DISCRIMINATION WE ARE ALL ALIKE!


With that said, I need to talk about a subject that is very near and dear to me.  My uncle/aunt Carlos/Margaret may his/her soul rest in peace died of Aids about 11 years ago.  I cannot begin to describe the love that I had for this WONDERFUL/AMAZING HUMAN BEING! My uncle was absolutely AMAZING! and he was GAY! I have always been discriminated against for one thing or the other and I must tell you that, feeling like you don't belong in one sort of group is really hard.  I personally have never felt like I belong in one place as I am very different from many people.  No, maybe I don't look a certain way and I'm not bisexual or gay or any of that.  But I am most certainly not your average woman.  I constantly get judged.  Yes, I'M WEIRD!


Yet having had the opportunity to know and love my uncle, gave me the courage to be myself regardless of what others may or may not think of me.  My uncle was a cowboy.  Like a REAL COWBOY.  He was born and raised in a farm in Colombia and he milked cows, he farmed, he worked in coffee and sugar cane fields and he raised animals and rode horses.  My uncle was a "real man" but my uncle did not like women, he was born with more female genes then male one's.  When he was growing up, my grandfather (may his souls rest in peace) could tell that his youngest of 5 boys did not act like a "boy should" ever since he was very young everyone sort of knew it but they did not want to accept it.  My grandfather couldn't handle that, yet at one point, him and the rest of my uncle's, stopped trying to get him to sleep with woman because my uncle Carlos did not like women, he liked men.  Yet the fact that men were his sexual preference did not change the fact that he was a caring, loving, generous extraordinary human being. 


When I would go to Colombia for the summers as a teen, I would go visit my grandfather at his farm and my uncle Carlos would sleep with me and tell me stories and wake me up to hugs and kisses.  He would listen to my boy stories and do my hair and make me laugh and sometimes cry.  He taught me how to milk a cow and ride a horse and always always gave me unconditionally love.   


As an adult, one day I went to Colombia to go visit and he had moved out of the farm and into the Capital of the Country, where he was better accepted.  He told me once how they had beat him up just because he was different, I couldn't understand why people would hurt someone based on the fact that he chose not to like the opposite sex.  I know that he went through very painful situations because being "gay" was not accepted especially if you were a "cowboy" if you were a "cowboy" you have better been a man's man! My uncle wasn't, he was born that way and he couldn't help what he felt.  Anyway, when I arrived in Colombia and he picked me up at the airport he was dressed in drag and when I saw him, I was so EXTREMELY PROUD OF HIM! because he did not GIVE A DAMN! about what people thought, he KNEW WHO HE WAS! he didn't care that the WHOLE ENTIRE BOGOTA COLOMBIAN AIRPORT WAS STARING AT HIM! And I did not GIVE A DAMN! THAT THE WHOLE ENTIRE BOGOTA COLOMBIAN AIRPORT WAS STARRING AT ME FOR HUGGING AND KISSING MY UNCLE WHO I LOVE!!!! Everyone was staring at him as if he was someone from another planet.  But my uncle wore his dress with pride because that is who he was, he was more of a woman than a man by birth.  But his cloths or sexual preferences did not define him.  


He taught me very valuable lessons in life.  We must love and accept ourselves in order to live a fruitful life.  We need to not pass judgements on ourselves and others because NO ONE IS PERFECT.  If you are what you are then go out there and let the world know it! DON'T BE ASHAMED! who ever does not accept you, then you do not need them in your life.  It is really really hard not to judge we all do it.  But it is important to accept that we are humans and make mistakes, but we can also correct them and work on them.  We should try to see people for who they are not what their sexual preferences are.  There are some extremely amazing gay people that I know and love.  We should all unite as one because we are all the same.


I hope to walk in the gay pride parade on June 26th, because I believe in this cause.  Stop the gay discrimination! let people who love one another marry each other if they choose to.  THIS WORLD NEEDS MORE LOVE!  and CHANGE BEGINS WITH ME!


I invite you to watch this very touching video.  Please, don't hate on people simply because they are different.  


AND REMEMBER THAT LOVE IS ALL THAT IS REQUIRED TO KNOW HOW TO BEHAVE IN PROPER MANNER.  


http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_kJzpk-MsrI







No comments:

Post a Comment

What happens in Vegas!

 Dear Journal - I know it has been sometime since I last wrote but as of late, my life has been pretty busy! I came on here tonight to write...