Tuesday, November 3, 2020

Love Letter of Great Men!

 Dear journal -

As you know from my recent posts, I'm going through something very difficult in my life right now.  The other day I watched sex and the city the movie.  I love this movie! mainly because I used to watch the series and I absolutely love those NYC ladies! I would always tell my friends in NYC that I wish I could write an underground version of sex and the city and by this I mean the story of friends in NYC who don't have money or live on the upper east or west side.  A story about four friends from the hood and how different their life is! 

I saw them filming this movie or at least a scene from the movie.  I used to work on 42nd street Grand Central literally right across the street from the station, that is only a few blocks away from the main library on 5th avenue where they filmed a scene where Carrie (the main character) gets out of a limousine and starts beating Big (the male main character) up with her flowers! in this scene she's in her wedding dress and he had just left her in the "alter." It was so cool watching them film that scene and I got to watch it by accident because I happen to be on my lunch break and walking in that direction and I got lucky and got to see them filming that scene! it was cool seeing them filming it and then seeing it on the big screen! I miss NYC! I got to see so many famous people and see so many films being made etc. I miss home all the time!

So I was watching the movie and there is another scene where Carrie is talking to Big about a book that she is reading called Love Letters of Great Men.  I decided to go get the book and found out that the book was actually made after they showed that scene in the movie because people wanted the book but the book actually didn't exist yet, at least not the version she was referring to in the movie.  However,  because so many people wanted the book they actually created the book that was referenced in the movie.

The book is a compilation of love letters written by famous men throughout history.  I think that is so cool! Below is my favorite letter, I'm literally typing what is in the book.  I should also note that I cried so much when I read this letter.  Not only is it so touching but it was written by Beethoven! that's so damn cool!

Letter from Ludwig Van Beethoven - He was never married so there is no proof of who this letter was written to, it was found in his belongings when he passed - (1770-1827) it is believed that it might have been for Antonie Brentano (1780-1869)

Good morning on 7 July

Even in my bed my ideas yearn towards you, my Immortal Beloved, here and there joyfully, then again sadly, awaiting from Fate, whether it will listen to us.  I can only live, either altogether with you or not at all.  Yes, I have determined to wander about for so long far away, until I can fly into your arms and call myself quite at home with you, can send my soul enveloped by yours into the realm of spirits - yes, I regret, it must be.  You will get over it all the more as you know my faithfulness to you; never another one can own my heart, never - never! O God, why must one go away a miserable life.  Your love made me the happiest and unhappiest at the same time.  At my actual age I should need some continuity, sameness of life - can that exist under our circumstances? Angel, I just hear that the post goes out every day - and must close therefore, so that you get the L. at once.  Be calm - love me - to-day - Yesterday. What longing in tears for you - You - my Life - my All - farewell.  Oh go on loving me - never doubt the faith-fullest heart Of your beloved L

Ever thine.

Ever mine.

Ever ours.



Now I know why he made such beautiful symphonies! My favorite is Moonlight Sonata 






No comments:

Post a Comment

What happens in Vegas!

 Dear Journal - I know it has been sometime since I last wrote but as of late, my life has been pretty busy! I came on here tonight to write...