Sunday, December 2, 2012

IT WAS MAGIC!


"Using words to describe magic is like using a screwdriver to cut roast beef" ~ Tom Robinson


  What magic?

I always refer to this "magic" thing whenever I talk about the day I meet "the one" and when I tell my friends about the day they meet their "one" I always tell them, you will know because it will be like "MAGIC" honestly I think or I'm almost certain I got that phrase from a movie and I really really wish that I could remember which one it was because then I could put the clip of it on my blog. But, old age doesn't come cheap and I can barely remember my neighbors name let alone my own.

But the other day I told a friend of mine that he just had not met his "one" yet and that the day he does it would be like "magic" and I have a feeling that he is probably thinking... What freaking "MAGIC" is this you speak of woman? Well, since he never answered me I am not sure what he might have thought after I said that to him, but I think that I want to explain in detail what I mean by knowing you met "the one" because it feels like MAGIC! 


First let me just say that only a select few are lucky enough to find "a one" most of us if not all of us, meet a few "one's" through out our lives. If you don't believe me, ask Father Pat O'Conner, he wrote a whole book about it that I HAVE to read, it's called "Whom Not To Marry."


Regardless, I need to put on my Journal what exactly I mean when I say it was like "MAGIC" and what best way to describe it other than... You guest it! Me giving you an example! Yup yup! That's how I roll!

I will give an example because honestly it is one of my best most lovely memories, and it was MAGICAL!

Example: MY HEX
http://jazzy-jazzysjournal.blogspot.com/2011/07/cheating-bastards.html

Ok, so he is no longer mine and actually is married to a lovely woman and I am really happy for him, but when he and I met it was truly magical.

One fall morning in 2003, I walk into a huge room that was maybe the size of a basketball court, the room was filled with people mainly men.  That morning, my co-worker and I were interviewing candidates (I was in an HR role at the time) for some open positions that we were trying to fill at the company I worked for... He walks in....

Physiological effect - mine: I see him all the way across the room our eyes meet and my heart started to beat faster, I could barely walk, my stomach got knots and I felt like I couldn't speak right.

Physiological effects - His: He told me later that when he saw me, he became very nervous, he felt strange and felt that he HAD to talk to me!

The thing about MAGIC is that both parties have to feel it simultaneously.  Later that day we finally got to talk and both of us couldn't stop smiling...

He went home talking about
Me, I went home taking about him.

End result: True Love! We were best friends! It took me YEARS to overcome our separation.

That is what I mean by magic!

IT DOES HAPPEN!


So if you are ever lucky enough to encounter something magical hold on to it, enjoy it and cherish it forever. 

Ps. Below is the book I referenced on this post....

 

No comments:

Post a Comment

What happens in Vegas!

 Dear Journal - I know it has been sometime since I last wrote but as of late, my life has been pretty busy! I came on here tonight to write...