Saturday, July 14, 2012

Dear Journal - Short little meaningful stories....

Dear Journal:


I feel happy!  for absolutely no reason at all, other than I am alive and well and so are my children.  For this I am truly grateful! life is so beautiful, I decided to cherish every single moment, whether it a good one or a bad one, with an open heart, compassion and love! 


Yesterday on my way out of popeyes, a little old lady in like her 80's held the door for me and my daughter.  The old old me, would of probably not noticed such a thing, but since I have opted to be present in the moment as much as possible, I had the pleasure of talking to this lovely old lady who was kind enough to hold the door for my daughter and I.  I asked her if she was going to go inside the restaurant and she said she wasn't, she just wanted to hold the door for my little girl, because she was so petty and sweet.  My daughter automatically began talking to her, and Aetna, pulled out money from her purse and gave her 2 dollars and told my daughter that she loved her very much.  I was so touched, especially when I asked her if she had children of her own and she turned around and said, no, I never had any, the man that I was supposed to marry, died the day before our wedding and I was never able to love again.  My heart broke and my eyes became watery, I kept thinking, WOW! I have had the pleasure of not loving once, but many times in my life, I am truly blessed!


Aetna my daughter and I walked together for a few blocks until we reached her building, she turned to my daughter and I and told both of us she loved us and I told my daughter to reply that she loved her too and I said it to her as well.  Once she was gone, it dawned on me that God had sent me an angel to let me know that it is ok, it is ok, if we are not always with the person we love, it is ok, if we go through life and don't find one person only to love or be in love with, because we should be loving everyone, we should always have nothing but love for our fellow brothers and sisters and we should forgive and understand, that we are all humans and make mistakes and hurt one another for the most part unintentionally.  I was deeply touched by her story, she lost her one true love to faith, yet there she was, telling two perfect strangers that she loved them and wishing them well.  It was just a beautiful moment that I needed to share on my blog.  Had I not been paying attention, had I been in another world (aka my head) and not in this one, this present moment, I would of missed out on having a conversation with a lovely angel.


Life is good, no matter the challenges or hardships or heartaches, as long as there is health, there is promise there is goodness there is hope and there is most certainly LOVE!


Ok, off to the beach I go.......


I love this song!


DeBarge - Rhythm of the night
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=cAQSZhazYk8








No comments:

Post a Comment

What happens in Vegas!

 Dear Journal - I know it has been sometime since I last wrote but as of late, my life has been pretty busy! I came on here tonight to write...