Thursday, February 21, 2013

THE COCK...



Dear Journal:

Last night I turned in the poem below as one of the poems that were due for an assignment I had in my creative writing class.  My professor asked the class if we wanted to share any one of the five poems we had written, and I volunteered mine as one of them so he read it out loud to the class.  He loved it! I was really pleased that I got my professor to laugh and the rest of the class as well.  

Although I could tell some of my classmates were in a bit of shock! I got some good reviews about it from my class mates and that made me very happy! I am particularly proud of this poem because I have never written a poem that is not about love and having the opportunity to have fun with poetry was really nice.  

Additionally, I wrote a few other poems that I will post on here randomly.  I also really liked two other poems that two of my other  classmates wrote and I intend on asking them if they will give me permission to post them on here, they were just to lovely not to share them with the world, for now, I will leave you with my poem.  I hope you will enjoy.

******************************************************

The Cock

It parades around with it's head up high, almost like he knows he is big and bad, just wanting to peck on every hen it sees.  
Rooster so full of himself

What a cock!

Yet sometimes it can't stand up straight it's so fragile, I can just ring it's neck and his life will be over

Stupid cock!



All the hens just parade around it, so it can fertilize their eggs

Lucky cock!



Dumb hens, if they could they would do anything for it, its walk makes them crazy, can’t they see the empty look in its eye, no sign of emotion, it’s just big and shallow, but those dumb hens, they just need the cock.  

Lucky rooster!

Stupid rooster finally does his mating dance.  Dumb hen so happy and proud, raises her tail and inverts her colaca, but the cock takes two seconds

Lazy cock!

Time to kill the stupid rooster, dinner time! but when you finally have a taste of it, it’s tasteless, it's boring, no flavor no condiment, it's as selfish dead as it is alive, all he has is strut and pride

Useless cock!

So yes it was meaty and yes it was large and boy was it hard to capture and fry. Now it’s there, on your plate, yet all it had was strut no taste.  You fought to capture it, you fought all the hens, the ones that paraded to have him for them! What in the world were you good for you cock? you were of no use to me

Just a useless big cock!




No comments:

Post a Comment

What happens in Vegas!

 Dear Journal - I know it has been sometime since I last wrote but as of late, my life has been pretty busy! I came on here tonight to write...