Saturday, February 9, 2013

The Stranger that I Love

Dear Journal:

I have to write five poems for my creative writing class, a difficult task I must say, since my poems are usually a-la roses are red violets are blue type.  A poem, I still don't understand what it is, yet I have to dig deep in my soul and find words that will have deep meaning.  I have to write a poem that when someone reads it, it will also mean something to them.  

Below is one of my poems, I am not sure if I will turn it in as one of my five, but the words of the poem below, were words that came from deep inside of me and the words began to flow into the page.  I wrote it without much thought, just a lot of feeling.  I hope that if someone comes across it and they can relate to the words, it will mean something to them, the way it means something to me.  
I'm not even sure it is a poem, but I try.


The Stranger that I Love

He's a stranger, a thousand miles away
is it a danger, to keep him in my head

When I wake up in the morning, the stranger is on my mind
When we make up, I'm happy all the time

He's a stranger, my eyes have never seen his smile
just a stranger, I have never seen him frown

But his laughter, I know it all to well 
and his anger, I've felt it, it was hard as hell

He's a stranger, he's in my heart to stay
he's my stranger who takes my breath away

A stranger, the one I really love
my stranger the one I want to hold

Please believe me, for I would never lie
he's my stranger, the one that caught my eye
But my eyes have never seen his smile, yet my heart has felt this for a while

Oh stranger, will I ever have you near
Dear stranger, I wish that you were here

He's my stranger, the one I truly love
My stranger, the one I yearn to hold

He's my stranger, the one that I adore
My stranger the one I'm waiting for


Un Poco De Amor - Shakira


No comments:

Post a Comment

What happens in Vegas!

 Dear Journal - I know it has been sometime since I last wrote but as of late, my life has been pretty busy! I came on here tonight to write...