Thursday, September 29, 2011

Dear Journal: My Hand...

Dear Journal -


I took a brief writing class this summer, and I feel like I never have time to apply the things that I learned there.  It was seriously awesome! being there with all those creative people who enjoyed writing as much as I do.  The class was a creative writing, so the people would just whip up a story in 10 minutes, I found that truly amazing.  For me, it was difficult to write fiction.


I am going on a trip to Costa Rica in a few weeks (alone) which is kind of weird and crazy and makes me feel old and well, alone.  I had a wonderful friend there that was supposed to spend time with me during my stay, but fortunately for him and sort of unfortunately for me, he was made a job offer in another country that he simply had to accept.  I was and am very happy for him, but was and am very sad for me, because I won't see my wonderful childhood friend that I haven't seen in years.  


I will however, spend time with his friends that he virtually introduced to me.  His friends were kind enough to offer to take me in and take me around.  I find that to be a very sweet gesture in his and their part.  I guess in reality I am not going to be totally alone, but I do sort of want to be alone and am actually really looking forward to it.  My friends often say that I do things that they could never imagine themselves doing, what can I say other than, I'm a gypsy! I like to live life, experience things and I'm not afraid.  Isn't life meant to be lived?? well that's all I'm doing, I'm living.


Anyhow, I decided that while I am in Costa Rica, I will try to spend quality time by myself writing and also, brace yourself please......STUDYING!!! I KNOW! WTF!!! Truthfully, I feel that being away will be a great time for me to finally have some me time and relax and do the things I never get to.  like read a few books that I bought.  So, I will sit by the beach and read and write! yes, this will make me very happy! I KNOW! I'M GETTING FUCKING OLD!!!! WTF! WHO AM I AND WHERE IS JAZZY?????


Ok, so here is the deal, I started out this post thinking of sharing something I wrote in my writing class and it turned out into a story about me getting old and wanting to study on my trip! WTF! but fear not, below is the little story that I wrote in one of my writing classes.  Which was the whole point of this post.  God! I sure do beat around the bush a lot to get to my point!!! Sorry about that sweet journal.


Below is one of the exercises I had to do in one of my writing classes.  I was supposed to stare at my hand, and write about it.  Please note, my teacher said that before you write something really good, you have to write CRAP! below is some crap I wrote about my hand..... I'm so glad I have my journal to write crap in!


*******************************************************
MY HAND: Author Jazzy
*******************************************************

I don't understand why my fingers are so long and thin.  It almost feels like this hand does not correspond to the rest of my body.  My hand has tan tone through out the year, if you saw it, you think it to have been out of a window receiving rays of sun to take the tone it has.  It is like a light brownish beige color, very difficult to describe, but very nice.  My nails are finally growing, the are probably half of an inch outside of my fingers.  This beats those acrylic tips that would cover the natural peachy tone and the horizontal ridges of my natural nail.  I just noticed for the very first time in my life, that I have 4 tiny beauty marks on the outside part of my hand that are just a bit darker then my natural tan color, which when looking down at my hand if you were to connect them, they would form a triangle....

Please enjoy one of my fave songs.....

Gypsy By: Shakira 


No comments:

Post a Comment

What happens in Vegas!

 Dear Journal - I know it has been sometime since I last wrote but as of late, my life has been pretty busy! I came on here tonight to write...