Sunday, September 11, 2011

Dear Journal - 9-11-11

Last night I took this really beautiful picture of lower manhattan or the wall street area of NYC, as I was driving on the Brooklyn/Queens expressway.  I always admire that view and every single time I drive past it, I always remember how once upon a time, the twin towers stood tall behind the small buildings, our city sky line was amazing and it still is.  But last night, they had lights that lit up in the background to remember those we lost on that tragic morning.  I will not write about where I was or what I was doing on that most terrible devastating morning.  


But I have to say this.  Before that horrible morning, I feel like NYer's including myself, where bitter and cold and sometimes just plain nasty individuals, yes, including myself.  I always walked around with an attitude.  But I have to say, that on that day, NY became one city, under God, Indivisible just like our pledge of allegiance.  But, not only did NY become one, but also our nation and just everyone that believes in love.  We were all united by love, the love of our freedom and our country.  After that day, I see NY as such a different place, people are friendlier with each other and foreigners.  I constantly see people helping each other out, even 10 years later I still observe how NY changed for ever.  So it bothers me when people say things like, I wouldn't go there I'm afraid.  Whomever has the opportunity to come to NYC and doesn't, has no idea what they are missing out on.  My home is DA BOMB!  I LOVE NY! 


This morning I woke up feeling a bit down about the whole thing, but I took a shower threw on my sweats and hoody and felt so happy that the weather felt like fall.  I love the crisp smell of fall in the air, I can feel it coming and I simply just love it! Spring and Fall, they keep me happy.  I left to attend my first day of Music History class and got lost on my way to school, not really "lost" per say, but took a wrong turn and then I was confused and got there late.  You would think that by now I would know my way to school, but well, it happens.  Anyway, I made my way into my first Music class of the semester and the first thing my professor says is put your name on a piece of paper and answer the questions on the board! this is your first quiz! I WAS LIKE WTF!!!  Here I was walking in late to the class and I walk in just in time for the Quiz, FML.  The quiz was very simple however, we watced a video on African music and then were asked questions.  After the quiz, the class got really interesting! the professor started talking about my favorite music JAZZ! woooo hooooo!!!!!! 


No JAZZ is not really my favorite "type" of music, but the word most certainly is! JAZZ!!! So, what did I learn about Jazz today you ask????? Well, for starters, JAZZ was sort of controversial.  Jazz is a combination of Ragtime and Blues, Louis Armstrong was the most influential figure of Jazz and what do you know, my first junior HS was named after him! But here is my favorite part about JAZZ.  When JAZZ started to become popular in the 1920's, white's and conservative Black's wanted to ban it! they felt that JAZZ was..... are you ready???? TO DAMN SEXY!!!! WOOOO HOOOOO!!!! Do you see any relation to it and my name????? I JUST LOVE IT! my Professor also told us that many called it the Devils music and that it was too sexual!!! THAT'S WHAT I'M TALKING ABOUT BABY!!! JAZZZZZZ!!!


So there you have it! don't say that you go on JAZZY'S journal, and you don't learn something new!!!


Stay tuned, because there is never a dull moment in my life.  Oh yeah, I have to add that the whole time my professor was putting on different videos of all sorts of different music, I was the ONLY one besides him, in the class bopping my head to the beats, him and I.  I kept thinking, what is wrong with these people??? don't they enjoy this??? I LOVE MUSIC! ALL TYPES PERIOD! I wanted to get up and dance a few times, it was CRAZY! needless to say, I LOVE MY SUNDAY CLASS! I left there feeling really happy! and that is NEVER a bad thing!

No comments:

Post a Comment

What happens in Vegas!

 Dear Journal - I know it has been sometime since I last wrote but as of late, my life has been pretty busy! I came on here tonight to write...