Sunday, November 13, 2011

Dear Journal: November 13, 2011

OMG Journal, today was so funny! My professor let us out an hour early from class because the clock on the wall still had last weeks time.  The thing is, that when he said ok let's take the quiz so we can go, the quiz that we have every week at the end of the class, I looked at my phone and noticed the time and said to someone, what is he talking about and he looked at me and said, don't worry don't say anything.  I felt bad but I didn't want to be the class big mouth! It's funny that even as an adult in a classroom, there are still do's and don'ts like imagine I had raised my hand and told the Professor that he was wrong, everyone would of probably been annoyed at me.  After we walked out, some of the girls from the class had a whole bathroom discussion about it and we all agreed that it was better to keep our mouth shut! still, I left there feeling bad like I had done something wrong.  I felt better after I saw some other class mates and they mentioned that when almost everyone had gone, someone did in fact bring it to his attention, he said it was ok.  My poor Professor! he's really a cool man, I like him but this class is just so annoying with the pressure of the quiz every weekend.  UGH!


In other Jazzy news, I was on my way to class this morning talking to myself as I usually do in my car all alone hoping that I'm not like actually moving my lips and making facial gestures so that the cars that are near me don't think I am a complete loony bin! and as I was talking to myself, I kept telling myself that I CAN do this, because quite honestly as I told someone last night, sometimes I just want to QUIT! especially when I am in the mood for I don't know, doing something other then worrying about school work.


I often think of life and think to myself, GOD I wish I could of done it the other way around.  But I have to say that there is a reason for everyone's being and we all have a purpose and so maybe my purpose is to be an example to the young people that constantly want to be my friends or partake in my life in some way shape or form.  I always tell my young friends that.... THEY CAN DO IT! and how it is so important that they do so when they have the opportunity.  Yes, at 20 I was practically a drunk looser who had no life no future nothing going for her, my life could of been even worse.  I had absolutely no guidance, but now that I am older and a bit wiser, I realize how lucky I am that I live in a country where even at 40, I can make a positive difference in my life with just a little more determination.  How even at 40 I can educate myself and grow as a woman and human being.  I am so very lucky for all the wonderful things that I have.  So as I was talking to myself in my car I kept saying to myself, Jazz, one day you will look back at this car ride or at the fact that I am in school on Sunday's and I will think..... WOW! I remember when I used to have to go to school on Sunday's and how much I hated it.


I want to thank my wonderful friend E, for being so encouraging this last past week when I was really down feeling like just throwing the towel.  I realize now that real friends are those who recognize our efforts and grab our hands when we feel like we are drowning and no one wants to pull us out the water.  I don't even ever hang out with him, but he has seen me struggling from the first class I ever took when I would look at him during class and look confused and he would tell me after class that I could do it! He ALWAYS knows what to say to me when I am feeling down.  I don't even see him and all I need to do is send him a txt message expressing my sadness about my academic career and there he is, ready to say something encouraging.  HE'S SO AWESOME! 


Apart from that, life is good, lately, I have made a lot of new friends that are really just awesome! I want to talk about something else that is going on in my life that I am really happy about, but I don't want to ruin the wonderful magic about it, so I will keep this one to myself and write about it privately.  Hopefully, I can write about it publicly one day.  I will give you a hint though journal, it has to do with amazing people......


Ok, gonna go now and try to do some studying......... Good night journal.....


ps. I miss writing to you, because I know that you wait to know what happens next.......

No comments:

Post a Comment

What happens in Vegas!

 Dear Journal - I know it has been sometime since I last wrote but as of late, my life has been pretty busy! I came on here tonight to write...