Monday, November 21, 2011

What I've learned about Jazzy

WOW! imagine being 40 years old and not being able to identify what your favorite genre of music is? yeah I know! that's weird! but, in my case it's really true.  For the last 4 years of my life, I have been trying to figure it out and I think I can finally answer the question....... The answer is, I DON'T KNOW!


I LOVE MUSIC all of it, the other day I went to a concerto at my school, I cried during the first piece which was an overture that was written for an opera that was meant to be a comedic opera but it also had to do with love, OF COURSE! Anyway, I was so deeply touched by the piece that I could hardly contain my tears, it was awesome! The thing about classical music is, that it's like art, you have to really listen and appreciate it, and when you know the history behind it all, it's just so awesome! 


I have to say that I am so glad that I am in school and finally getting to learn all about the things I have always wanted to learn about.   Everyday it's something new and exciting to me.  Sometimes I get frustrated and stressed out, but then others, like yesterday when I described a painting to my music professor in such a way that I myself was impressed with what I said, I couldn't believe that in the last 3 years I had actually learned something.  


Sometimes I will remember random things that I thought I forgot and I always smile, because for the last few years I have crammed up so much information in my mind, that I quite honestly feel like I know nothing at all.  Yet when I answer a question one of my professors is posing in such a way that my response pleases him and he looks at me and confirms to me by his head shake that I in fact am correct and that my answer makes full sense, especially about something that is not related to the subject of study.  I have to admit that it is in those moments, all my sacrifice and my tears feel like it is all worth it and that should I have to do it again, I would.  My description of the painting was so precise and well critiqued in fact, that one guy even looked back at me like.... Holy shit, that was pretty good! so I smiled.  


This post was not at all intended for me to brag about the fact that I remember a thing or two about my art class which was one of my favorites.  Actually, this post was intended for me to write about the fact that I have learned one or two things about myself in the last few years of being single and becoming familiar with myself.  I have said countless amount of times on my blog that all of my life I have jumped from relationship to relationship since I was 16 and how I never really knew who I was until now.  I didn't even know what my favorite type of music was.  


I was actually going to write about the fact that for the last year and a half, I have been listening on my IPhone, to a bunch of reggaeton music that my son had downloaded on my mac and how I don't love it to death, but how there is one song that I have really come to love and how I am going to translate it for anyone who isn't lucky enough to know my beautiful Spanish language but would love to know what this song says.  I really need to write more often, I always start out with one thought and go on a tangent about something completely different.  


My apologies reader, as I am just all over the place in terms of my thoughts today and usually when I write I just write, without some sort of outline in place.  I think of what I want to say and just sort of blur it out or write it.  But, this is my blog and I will go on a tangent if I want to.  


Anyway, without further a do.  Below is the translation to one of, if not my favorite reggaeton song on my IPhone.  Thank you son, without you, I would have absolutely no music on my phone, since I NEVER have the time to actually download anything... (insert sad face here) so, I pretty much don't have any songs I actually want to have on my IPhone and have no choice but to listen to my sons favorite music.... It's cool though, he's my baby!



TRANSLATION TO:


POR AMAR A SIEGAS - FOR BEING BLINDLY IN LOVE
BY: Arcangel


I asked a pastor about love and he told me to leave it up to God, not to feel lonely, that being alone was better then living with an illusion.


I asked an artist about love at first site and he told me that it was a big mistake, that it was for soap opera lovers and dreamers that in life one has to be more realistic.


And now that I don't have you, I think of all the time I wasted....wasted on you, why by loving you blindly I did not listen, and I threw myself at the precipice, all for love, everyone told me everyone warned me, that there are some flowers that have thorns.


I asked a man about love and he told me that to ignore it was best.  That I was young and that money should be more important then a thousand loves.


I asked an old man, far out in the boulevard about love and passions he said "my son, it's a double edged crystal and it cuts and hangs you from one string"


And now that I don't have you, I think of all the time I wasted....wasted on you, why by loving you blindly, I did not listen, and I threw myself at the precipice all for love, everyone told me everyone warned me, that there are some flowers that have thorns.


I asked my father about love and innocence and faith and patience and you know what he told me? "son it's always better to ignore your heart, listen to your conscience."


I asked my mother about the love I had for you and she said they were fantasies, that if I didn't believe it, with time I would learn that she was right.


And now that I don't have you, I think of all the time I wasted....wasted on you, why by loving you blindly, I did not listen, and I threw myself at the precipice all for love, everyone told me everyone warned me, that there are some flowers that have thorns....


........................................................................................................
Well, there you have it... Hope you enjoyed my translation, I really enjoy translating stuff I hate when google does it, it makes it all crazy and out of whack! I just want to add, BEWARE of who you give your beautiful love too, Love is the most amazing thing in the world! However, NOT EVERYONE DESERVES IT. 


You can enjoy the actual song by clicking on the link below.


http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-Ss89QBh6Vk





No comments:

Post a Comment

What happens in Vegas!

 Dear Journal - I know it has been sometime since I last wrote but as of late, my life has been pretty busy! I came on here tonight to write...