Sunday, November 27, 2011

HIS HAT

He came over to my old apartment about a year and a half ago and forgot his hat.  When I found it I just felt like smelling it and it smelled like sweaty hair.  I wondered why the smell didn't bother me but realized that it wouldn't because I was so fond of him.  When I became upset with him I told him that he had left his stupid smelly hat in my house and that I was going to throw that nasty shit away....but of course I did not.  I kept it, I packed it when I moved, I unpacked it in my new apartment and I put it in the drawer with all my other winter hats.


I sometimes get these random text messages on my phone and I always hope that they are from him.  I miss my friend always.  I just want us to make up and be ok and be able to sit at McDonald's like we once did and talk about all the crazy thoughts we both used to have, it was so awesome being part of his life and sex ruined it all.  SEX! it ALWAYS RUINS FRIENDSHIPS! If I could turn back time, I would of never ever ever shared not one kiss with him, only to have his friendship.  


The reason why I'm on here writing this short post is because so many people go in and out of my life, but it is he who I always remember and some people they are just significant in the way they helped me grow.  He was one of those people that did just that, he helped me grow, he reminded me of what friendship and love is supposed to look like.  


I was cleaning my apartment today and I found the hat, actually I wore it the other day, but that day I didn't put to much thought into it.  My mom had taken it out of the drawer and hung it up so that I could see it and wear it, she did not know that the hat had a special story.  I grabbed it the other day and said, I'm going to wear his stupid hat and then thought, God I wish I could take a picture and send it to him.  But today something else happened, I saw the hat again and grabbed it and decided to smell it to see if it still had the funky hair smell and what do you know, it still did.... My eyes watered and I felt really sad..... God I sure do miss my friend.  I hope he is well.


This song is more related to love, but when I was writing this post it came to my mind.... lovely song.


I MISS YOU, BY: Klymaxx


http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vtuuZ9oL0wY

No comments:

Post a Comment

What happens in Vegas!

 Dear Journal - I know it has been sometime since I last wrote but as of late, my life has been pretty busy! I came on here tonight to write...