Friday, December 2, 2011

SHORT SHITTY STORY!

I haven't been writing as much as I would like to.  This makes me very sad, but I always think about my journal and all the things I wish I had time to write about.  I'm so happy that in a few weeks, it will be a year since I started my journal and I have been loyal to it.  When I started I said that I had waited to start this journal because I wanted to make sure that when I did start, I could stay true to it.  That I sure have.  I feel proud of myself for this.  


Below is a short story if you can even call it that, that I started to write but couldn't quite finish.  It's fiction, I wrote it trying to apply some of the things I learned in the creative writing class that I took over the summer.  I don't know if it's good, but as my writing teacher said, most of what we write is shit!




Jazzy's short fictional story


*************************************************************************
She sat on the bench that overlooked the lagoon and all of a sudden, she felt a revelation; it was one from her love, the one that for so long was her inspiration.  He was long gone now, she did not know where he'd gone, the last time she had seen him was in that empty train station.  There, they shared a long passionate kiss full of love.  After their long soft deep kiss, he got on the train, and she never saw him again.  It was as if the crust from the earth had lifted and out of the upper mantle a hand had snatched him up and swallowed him whole! where could he be? Why had he gone? What about that first and last kiss that they had shared didn't he like?

But that day, 3 years later as she was sitting on the bench that overlooked the lagoon, she felt him, she could sense him almost and in her thoughts she spoke to him.....

My love......why do you torment me so? I feel like you are always present, my thoughts of you follow me wherever I go.  I heard that song, the one we spoke about.  Why were you talking to me again? the game is over, I told you you'd won.  As she sat in the bench talking to him in her thoughts, she couldn't help but to think of the scene in that movie the Bran Strokers  Dracula, the scene where the main character is walking down a street and from the sky there are always a pair of big dark pearsing eyes that follow her.  They look down on her with love, and she can almost feel him.  That's how she felt, she felt as though he was always with her no matter where she went and that day she felt him stronger, just there lingering near her, yet she was not sure if he was dead or if this was all just in her mind maybe he was just a made up character of her own maybe she had imagined the kiss in the train station, maybe she wasn't even sitting on a bench.  



But all of it felt so real to her.  She even heard a song once that reminded her of it all and she had cried, and in that moment she knew he still owned her heart.  No matter what anyone else did, it would never hurt her so, because no other could compare.  She had shared her body with many, but her heart belonged to him.  Or maybe, the song reminded her of the love so true she never had, a love that was only in her thoughts and imagination.  The kind of love she had watched un fold in countless movies, the kind that one day would be real in her own life.  A love that would not only be in her imagination, but one that she could touch and share not one, but countless kisses with.  


Why oh why do you haunt me so? she kept thinking.   Maybe he was still alive? maybe he wasn't deep in the earth?  She just sat there blank faced staring out at the water, tears rolling down her face.  All of a sudden she remembered that the only moment she had was that one, and she would no longer waste her moments wondering and thinking of him.  She wiped her tears and began to admire the swans and the birds and the water and the sky.  She smiled, life sure was beautiful.....


I'll be seeing you - By Billie Holiday.


http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=rXLB32n6lq8&feature=fvsr

No comments:

Post a Comment

What happens in Vegas!

 Dear Journal - I know it has been sometime since I last wrote but as of late, my life has been pretty busy! I came on here tonight to write...