Wednesday, January 30, 2013

THE REASON......

 "I look around me and I see, that life is just as it should be" ~ My Best Friends Wedding

Dear Journal:

Today I told my creative writing professor about him, how falling in love with him had gotten me back into writing.  http://jazzy-jazzysjournal.blogspot.com/2010/12/omg-my-first-blog-entry.html My professor looked at me and asked me if being with him had inspired me and I responded that I had never been with him, I had only loved him.  When I said that out loud, I did not feel sad.  After, I walked out of the school onto the beautiful campus, put my earphones on and the first song that played when I turned on my iphone was The Reason, by Hoobastank, the lyrics finally didn't make me cry.  There was a time when I couldn't even listen to it.

The crazy part about the whole thing was that the assignment I had just received from my professor was for us to print out the lyrics of our favorite song, I do not have a favorite song, but now I know what lyrics I will be turning in as my assignment.

After all these years, I finally understand the reason.  The reason is that him having touched my life made me better, but now I no longer cry because I am free from that strong love that I once felt.  I am free of all that hurt.  I forgave finally and let him go....

On the way home I read the materials for my statistics class, I gave a pair of gloves to the lady that sells churros in the train station, I gave her a hug and made her smile.  Then, I stood waiting for the next train dancing to another song.  

Life is just as it should be!

The Reason ~ Hoobastank
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=fV4DiAyExN0 

No comments:

Post a Comment

What happens in Vegas!

 Dear Journal - I know it has been sometime since I last wrote but as of late, my life has been pretty busy! I came on here tonight to write...