Sunday, November 3, 2013

SILENT MOMENTS


Dear Journal:

While my romantic life has been completely non existing in the last several months, I still manage to find inspiration some way some how to write a poem or two when I get a chance.  While I am not really good at writing made up short stories and my imagination isn't one to want to go and explore different made up fantasies to amuse people, I think that my passion for writing is best described as a passion of sharing what is deep in me and expressing myself in words.  So, no I don't have someone in my life currently that makes me want to sit and write countless poems, but I do have several people that have touched me in such a way, that a brief encounter with them that might have been completely insignificant to him, brought me to tears and the next thing I knew, the words were spilling out of me and onto my journal with no problem, no thought almost and no expectation.

This poem was inspired by someone who was in my life (sort of) a few years ago.  I wrote about him in the past, I had secret conversations with him http://jazzy-jazzysjournal.blogspot.com/2011/06/secret-conversations.html I had a brief encounter with him a few weeks ago and I wrote this poem.  I haven't been able to post it because I have been so busy! but.... busy doesn't stop me from doing something that I love...... writing to you journal!

Silent Moments
By: Jazzy



I didn’t imagine moments, I didn’t make up time, I didn’t see things that weren’t there, because those moments were really ours.  

For days and nights I missed you, for days and nights it hurt, for days and nights I wished you, but then the hurt took hold.  And then I deleted you and then I felt like I defeated you, and sometimes I would wonder what if you could have been mine.

Nights went nights came, mornings went, mornings came, afternoons came and afternoons went and in my heart you still remained, away tucked so deep in the hurt, away tuck so deep in the pain, away tucked so deep in the anger, away tucked so deep in the brain.  

And then one day you looked up at me and in that moment I did believe, that I didn’t imagine moments and I didn’t make up time, I didn’t see things that weren’t there because those moments were really ours.  

And I hated you I really didn’t, and I hated you I really couldn’t, I kept you buried deep deep inside, because you were just to hard to find.  

But ever so often our eyes would meet and in those moments I still believed, that in our minds we both always knew, that we didn’t imagine moments, we didn’t make up time, we didn’t see things that weren’t there, because those moments really were ours. 

No comments:

Post a Comment

What happens in Vegas!

 Dear Journal - I know it has been sometime since I last wrote but as of late, my life has been pretty busy! I came on here tonight to write...