Sunday, July 11, 2021

Random guy on dating site!

Dear Journal -

I had such an amazing weekend! this is the first time in a long time that I actually didn't want my short vacation to end! Usually after a few days of being away from my bed I start to feel like I need to get back home, but this time I nearly didn't want to come back! I was in Tamp, FL with my 3 closest friends and I feel like I am reborn.  Spending time with other like minded women was awesome, we reminisced and updated each other on everything there was to update.  

I used to work with these ladies at Manpower in NYC, we used to recruit candidates for companies like, Marc Jacobs, Citibank, Pfizer Pharmaceuticals, Levi's Strauss and Co., American Express, Bank of America, Chase Bank, US Postal Service, Federal Reserve Bank of NY to name a few.  These accounts were critical to Manpower's business and because we were the Manhattan office, Manpower had very high expectations and we had to make a lot of money for them, it was a very high stress job, but I learned so very much and had the opportunity to meet some head honchos in some of these companies, I actually wore suites back in those days and had very important meetings with very important very intimidating individuals! I still can't believe that was me! These ladies helped me through those tough years early on in my career, we always had each others back and we can tell stories about those days for days, that job was CRAZY! 

Lately, whenever I travel I go on my dating site and start swiping right like a mad woman! sometimes I'm almost afraid that at any moment I'm going to get banned from the site for "soliciting" but to my defense, I'm not selling anyone anything nor am I forcing anyone to like anything they don't want to nor do I ask for anything.  Additionally, I am also open to meeting someone special, I'm not opposed to it, while that is not my main goal in life at the moment, that doesn't mean that if someone blows my mind, I won't talk to him.  Eventually it would be nice to meet someone special, but that is another blog post.

Lately, I've been posting little snippets of my dating site conversations and I've gotten a few messages from friends telling me that they really enjoy them and how they laugh so hard reading the horror stories! this makes me happy, because I want to make people laugh and entertain whenever possible.  I wanted to specifically write a journal about this, because I had a very interesting experience this weekend that I felt it was worth sharing.

Since I swipe right on everyone because I don't discriminate and have no problem saying hello to people, this past weekend I got 123 messages on my tinder profile, I have never really counted, but this time I wanted to see how many people I had talked to, so I did.  Typically, when I travel, I match with a bunch of people and it's usually a lot, but I've never really counted, so I thought that I would do so this time.  When I went to NYC back in May, I also had a lot of matches, obviously, in bigger more populated cities there will be more opportunities to meet more people I am also a woman, so it's way easier to meet people.  So far, my experiences haven't been successful in the sense that I've been on this dating site for a few months and I haven't met anyone well, maybe I should rephrase, I have met out of hundreds of men, one person that I actually spent some time with, but other than that, I have only been on a few dates here and there.  

This past weekend though I noticed something very significant that I felt I needed to write about because I found it very interesting.  Being a Psychology major and loving the field of Psychology the way that I do, I love to observe human behavior, I would get a PHD in Pscyh. if I had the energy to do so, it is so fascinating, I simply LOVE IT! anyway, what I noticed the most was that men in Florida were all very very nice in the way they presented themselves to me, while I did get compliments, they were all tasteful and very respectful! I was very impressed with that, as I have gotten messages in other states that have really made me angry or felt disrespected or just plain disgusted! 

I had a few men tell me that they had read some of my journal entries.  One guy told me he really liked the way I ended my posts with a song and another guy said that he had seen a few posts that started with a quote, which I used to do a lot of in the past.  It was so cool, to talk to men that actually took the time to get on my blog and read something, it was such a pleasure talking to men that were actually showing interest in what I did.  Sure, I didn't make a "love connection" with anyone, although there was one guy that had I lived in FL, I would of totally met up with him.  Not only was he super handsome and originally from NYC, but he was just someone I felt a good vibe with just in the short conversation we had.  I try to respond to everyone no matter who they are and while I won't carry on a conversation with everyone, I try to be polite.  Some just said hi, so I would respond hi, some would say hey and I would respond hey, I just have fun with this and try not to take it too serious, I also try to be honest and told almost all of the people I talked to, that I was only there for the weekend.  I did not meet up with anyone as this weekend was about my girls, but it was super awesome to find a state where men aren't complete disrespectful assholes, which I'm not saying that there aren't nice gentlemen in most of the states I've visited in the last 6 months or so, but there was definitely a noticeable difference.  

I've been to, OR, NY, NJ, CT, FL, WY and CO and I have to say, Florida for the win! I lived in FL many years ago and I do remember men there being nicer then men in NY.  I am not saying NY men aren't awesome also, there is a bit of everything everywhere you go obviously, but I don't know, I came back feeling smitten by these Floridians! I came back feeling great, not only because I got unconditional love from my girls, but because I felt respected on a dating site! WOW! who knew that could happen! 

I will leave you with........ Aretha Franklin - Respect




No comments:

Post a Comment

What happens in Vegas!

 Dear Journal - I know it has been sometime since I last wrote but as of late, my life has been pretty busy! I came on here tonight to write...