Wednesday, October 10, 2012

Dear Journal: TIME WILL TELL......



It is my feeling that Time ripens all things; with Time all things are revealed; Time is the father of truth. ~ Francois Rabelais

Dear Journal:

I feel like I am stuck or having a writer’s block, but lately I have had so many thoughts going on in my head about so many random subjects, that I can’t quite think of what best to write about.  I feel like I can sit somewhere and just write all day long.  Maybe I need to have a free writing session, those are fun!

So it’s official! One’s again I have no life! Just when I thought I had this schedule situation down packed, I realized I don’t and that I can’t do it all, I guess I shouldn’t have bought those superman underwear I bought the other day, no use in wearing them if I’m not really superwoman (insert sad smiley icon here) no seriously, I really did buy some superwoman and wonder woman underwear, they are awesome! I love superheroes!

The other day I had a very interesting conversation about TIME with my friend which left me thinking quite a lot about the subject.  He told me that to him, time was very vital for so many things, and how he felt that people always did things quickly without just letting time be, that everyone sort of rushes almost in life, and that he felt that time was really vital.  Well, he didn’t say it exactly that way, but that’s sort of my interpretation of the conversation.  I have to say that TIME IS TRULY OF THE ESSENCE! And that his thoughts on time, truly helped to enlighten me a bit more about it. 

I am trying to learn the discipline of living in the moment and living in the moment requires you to almost be not conscientious of time, so in essence, by living in the moment, we allow time to just be and when you allow time to just be, without forcing things, then things sort of just happen in a natural way.  So basically, what I believe is that living in the moment is like flowing with time or uniting with time, and by flowing with time by being one with it, life happens just as it should.

Let me see if I can think of an example.  Let’s say me with school, so I am always stressing out about reports, homeworks, readings that I have to do and sometimes just stressing out about midterms that are weeks away.  Some TIMES when I don’t think about the time factor and I just really focus (aka allow the moment to happen and be in it) I am one with time and when I become one with time, I am more productive, I think clearer, I have all these AHA! moments.  However, when I don’t allow myself to go with the flow or when I don’t allow TIME to just happen without worrying about all that other stuff, and just focusing on the present moment, I become so preoccupied with worrying, that all the while, I am wasting precious TIME.   If only I could allow myself to be one with time so that I can be more productive, I wouldn't be as stressed.  This happens with all things in our lives.  When I think about this in other types of scenarios, I realize that time is surely of the essence and that the only reason why I ever get stressed about anything at all, is because I am rushing to go I don’t know where? where are we rushing to go?

I am really happy that I can think of time in this way, because there have been times in the last few years where I have caught myself rushing myself, or trying to rush time and all those times that I did that, I realize that those were times that I will never get back and therefore, I lost precious moments.  The worst part, is that I don’t even remember what happened and or how it happened, because I was too busy speeding.

I don’t know, I want to learn how to embrace time so that it is something amazing, so that every single moment of every single hour of every single minute of every single second, it is meaningful.  I know for a fact that, that is easier said than done, but I am training everyday to become a spiritual warrior.  And that requires discipline in all aspects of my life, it is soooo hard! but a warrior always tries to do her best.

SPIRITUAL WARRIOR MEANING:

A spiritual warrior is a person who battles with the "universal enemy," self-ignorance (avidya), the ultimate source of suffering according to dharmic philosophies.  The term is applied in religious and metaphysical writing. There are self-described spiritual warriors.   The spiritual warrior can be described as an archetype character on a journey for self discovery to benefit others.  

By the way journal, while I was writing I became one with time and I just remembered and awesome song! YAY!

Patty Smyth - The Warrior

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xePeVhLg2Gc



No comments:

Post a Comment

What happens in Vegas!

 Dear Journal - I know it has been sometime since I last wrote but as of late, my life has been pretty busy! I came on here tonight to write...