Friday, January 14, 2011

Stop! making the same mistakes over and over again.

I am currently reading, No Ordinary Moments by Dan Millman.  What a powerful book, I highly recommend it.  It is taking me long to read it because I constantly have to stop and absorb all the great things this man has to say.  Here is a piece that I keep thinking about, because it makes so much sense.


Autobiography in Five Short Chapters

Chapter I: I walk down the street.  There is a deep hole in the sidewalk.  I fall in. I am lost..... I am helpless.  It isn’t my fault.  It takes forever to find a way out.

Chapter II: I walk down the same street.  There is a deep hole in the sidewalk.  I pretend I don’t see it.  I fall in again.  I can’t believe I am in this same place.  But it isn’t my fault.  It still takes a long time to get out.

Chapter III: I walk down the same street.  There is a deep whole in the sidewalk.  I see it is there.  I still fall in...it’s a habit.... but, my eyes are open.  I know where I am.  It is my fault.  I get out immediately.

Chapter IV: I walk down the same street.  There is a deep hole in the sidewalk.  I walk around it.

Chapter V: I walk down another street.



I copied this from: No Ordinary Moments by Dan Millman, but It’s originally from There’s a whole in my sidewalk by Portia Nelson.

My final thought is:

Life is so extremely beautiful and amazing, stop and smell the roses, give yourself the opportunity to change and be happy.  Live Life Right! live it good, be kind and generous, love all people.  We all have the power to learn from our mistakes and make things better for ourselves. Change begins within!

No comments:

Post a Comment

What happens in Vegas!

 Dear Journal - I know it has been sometime since I last wrote but as of late, my life has been pretty busy! I came on here tonight to write...